VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Chicago area peeps...the Bob Souer world tour lands 4/26
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pam
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Hey Chicago area peeps...the Bob Souer world tour lands 4/26 Reply with quote

After much wrangling and whiplash with his handlers and managers, I have managed to secure a Chicago stop on the BSWT. So I'd like to extend an invitation to my house for a late lunch/early spring cookout on 4/26 for all those in the area. This is seriously going to be very casual with most likely burgers and dogs up on my roof top deck. Hopefully the snow will have melted by then as we really don't have spring in Chicago. If not, we'll move it indoors. I live in Wrigleyville so if you've ever been to a Cubs game (they are in St. Louis that day, no parking probs) you'll have no problem finding the place. So Lou, TC, Justin Kaiser, Todd, and anyone else I may have forgotten from the area, mark your calendars and drop me a line at Pamtierney@aol.com. I'm going to try to drag Mr. Fraley to this thing as he will be in town but who knows what he has going with his busy social life. I am thinking around noonish with lunch around 1 or 130p. Lou please feel free to bring the wife and bambino if you want. Todd, I'd love to see you up here and you can even bring Pebbles since I am poochless at the moment. Tony, you have to be here or I probably won't speak to you again, ever. Which upon reflection may be fine with you. The cruxt of the matter is, come one and come all and bring the fam, just let me know how many all be coming so I can plan. Hope to see you here! BTW Banksey, I think you can get round trip from Heathrow to O'Hare for $336 so I'll count you as a yes.

Now what did I come in here for?
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, that blows...I mean, it's great, but we have plans on the 26th already...to celebrate Easter at my Mom's house (we'll be in NY for Easter, so that was the best date for it afterward).

Wish I could join you...but have a great time!

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou,

Bring your Mom too, if you like. OK. Seriously, I understand. Family comes first. But, it won't be the same without you.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TC
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I weren't under strict orders to be there, I wouldn't miss it.

Aside from meeting Bob, I'm also really looking forward to the part where Pam sets all the food out on a big table and then says, "Hungry? You can eat all you want -- right after you answer a few questions I have about Pro Tools..."
paddyo
CM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou, I could fill in for ya

Paddyo
www.thepatrickoconnor.com
Pam
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Tony! How well you know me! Rolls Eyes

I can see it now "so that's what a gate does! Here's a chicken leg for your answer. You want the corn on the cob? Let's talk about limiters" You'll have to get Pat to tell you about the time we had Chinese for dinner and I wasn't too obvious with my impatience at his slowness in putting his portion on his plate.

And Patrick, of course you are invited. O'Hare and Midway are equidistance apart from the house. The more the merrier!

jrkaiser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the invite. I look forward to the party...

JK
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great time yesterday Pam. You were such a great hostess. And it was fabulous to meet you, TC, Bob, Pat, Mo and Husband, and TomT...

Be well! Let's get together again soon.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We require pictorial evidence.
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob and Pam have them... I tried to edge out of the photon Wink
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photographic evidence will be forthcoming, but I'm doing my final week at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and had to go straight to the office from my flight this morning. As a result, said evidence won't be posted until sometime after 4:00 PM Eastern today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And Justin it was a great joy to meeting you in person as well as Tony and to see everyone else again. Mr. Fraley gave us all so much valuable information and so many good ideas along with a fabulous meal of burgers and brats and hot dogs, fruit salad, oven-roasted potatoes, and fresh veggies. Pam was a perfect hostess. All in all a great deal. I'm ever so glad I got to be there.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Let's see pics! Don't tell me you can watch Cubs games from your roof Pam.... I'll get depressed!
Eddie
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost... you can see the lights.
Tom Test
DC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam, than you so very much for setting this up and treating us like royalty. That is, royalty who like brats and burgers! And fab-o fruit salad. And, best of all, great conversations. I hated to leave!

It's always great to hang out with fellow VO actors. It's a lonely business when you work mostly from home. So now I have 2 more VO colleagues who live in/near my 'hood, which is great.

Hope to see you soon!
www.tomtest.com
Pam
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am a total idiot when it comes to posting things, I'll let Mr. Souer have the honors!

It was a wonderful gathering of colleagues who I think left the house as friends, pretty cool thing to happen. Seeing Pat Fraley sprawled out on my couch with his shoes off holding court was probably one of the funniest sites to behold. Fortunately the rain stopped just in time for lunch and then started again once we'd moved indoors-that deal I made with the devil paid off. I had a great time with one and all, I just wish there were more of your beautiful faces there. Next time! It was truly my pleasure and my honor to have you all there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: