VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble at the mill? (As they say where I come from)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Trouble at the mill? (As they say where I come from) Reply with quote

Voice123 are offering 2 extra months if you renew like, now!
Is this a sign their "dirty little secret" campaign did not work? Smile

Hello Katrina,

We are inviting you to take part of this special promotion Voice123 is offering during the last days of April.

Between April 18, 2006 and April 30, 2006, Upgrade or Renew your Premium Membership and get two additional months free!

This means:

· If you are a Standard Member, upgrade to a Premium Membership between these dates and get two additional months for free. Your yearly membership will last 14 months instead of 12 months.

· If you are a Premium Member, renew your membership between these dates and it will be extended by 14 months of service instead of 12. For example, if your current membership expires in 2 months, renew and it will expire in 16 months.

To redeem the two additional months, please contact a customer support representative to have your membership extended.

To upgrade or renew your membership at this moment, please click the following link or copy and paste it into your browser: http://voice123.com/web/talent/manage_membership.cgi.

For any additional questions or comments please visit our Customer Service (http://voice123.com/doc/help.html) page to find several ways for you to get in touch with us and/or solve your issue.

Sincerely,

Franz Martin
Marketing and Communications Manager
Voice123 - The voice over marketplace
Toll Free from the US: 1.877.ASK.VOICE
New York & International: (+1) 212.461.1873
www.voice123.com
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like Baby needs some new shoes, or Daddy needs a new server...now, not later. Hmmm.

B
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it quacks...

Rope you in for a new membership and then bang! Five leads a month baby!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. As I generally delete all messages from Voice123, I didn't even notice this.
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their email hit the trash bin as fast as I could grab the mouse!
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess that I took advantage of this offer... but that was in January. Before that I was a non paying member. Now... about 1/3 of the offers I get are for a Woman or an Afro American voice. Wuzzup with that??
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T.gif" alt="W00T" border="0" />
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness my membership is about up. I will not be renewing, but will keep the FREE page (same with IV). I just joined up with Rick Gordon and Commercial Voices.com. Maybe I'll have better luck there.
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, last night I got an email for a job through Voice123.
(First in a very long time...)
The client said he had sent me a response through Voice123, but thought he would contact me by email as well.
So, I went to my Leads Answered box to check what I had put in my reply to him - and it is NOT there anymore, neither have I had notification from V123 that the client contacted me through them.
So, I wonder how many other clients have contacted me and I never got the message? How many completed demos are "dropping off" my "leads answered" page?
How many clients therefore think I am ignoring them?
Had the client not contacted me directly, I would not have known or remembered answering the lead, because it wasn't there anymore.
The only way I could track it was because I label my demos by the name of the company I audition for - and then I can see the date the file was created.
Anyone else had this situation with them?
I had been thinking something out of whack was going on, and this explains it.
It's now 9:45 am, which I think is ample time for them to have informed me this client had responded through them.
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Quite a few times over the past 18 months. Several jobs were "saved" because the client either called or emailed to ask why I haven't responded. When, in fact, I received nothing through the system which to reply. The mill isn't working correctly. It really hasn't since I signed on. That's why I put direct contact info in the remarks section.

No telling how many gigs I might have lost out on because the client assumed I was blowing them off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know.....now I'm curious as well.....there's been about 5 times within the last month, that I've submitted a demo and within a half hour after submitting the demo, the client discontinues the lead (this is at various stages of the lead as well....some having been answered within the first 20 others that have been there most of the day and one that was 2 days old).....I started thinking....it must be me....they got my demo and want me....I should be getting contacted soon......well.....that contact never comes. Now I'm thinking that maybe they tried, but I just never got it. Who knows.....I'm just very suspicious now after hearing this.

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the first time this has happened.
One client some while ago was very upset I hadn't contacted him after he replied through Voice123 and he emailed me afterward. At the time, I thought it was a one-off, let V123 know about it, and put it to the back of my mind, but now I'm thinking it has been happening all along. To say nothing of losing the business, it also reflects very badly on me personally. Damn, damn, damn!
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacegypsy wrote:

Anyone else had this situation with them?

This happened to me last month. I had a private lead, but didn't receive the email notification. I found it 4 days later when I checked my V123 inbox, which is something I rarely do. Luckily the client was still interested and everything turned out OK. I complained and got the standard 1 month extension for free.

I certainly don't lose sleep over V123. Answering leads gives me a good excuse to get in the booth and practice if it's a slow day. If I'm busy, I just don't bother. I've made my subscription back many times over and have got one regular client out of it. Having a PayPal account in US$ has been useful for paying for domains, hosting and software, so I reckon I'm ahead in the game.
95% of my work comes through my agents and it's all at outside studios (..and Tokyo has some beautiful studios...lucky me!), so I guess I can afford to be blasé about this.

Of course, once the clients discover iSpeek, then you guys will be my competition and I really will be in trouble. Wink

Maiku

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....I'm convinced that my suspicions were correct. I now know that there is something wrong with V123 forwarding the client contacts. I've been checking my email and my inbox all day and haven't been contacted by a client once about any of my demo submissions. I'm not receiving their responses.....I have the proof! Now I'm really ticked .......hahahahaha Shocked
Just playin'

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
donrandall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also had a similar experience. Luckily for me, the client happened across my website and contacted me through that. Now, like others, I have to wonder how many others, or if, any others have been missed.

I also noticed on occassion, that I could read every possible lead and delete everything - erasing the board - and then logging on again in just a few minutes to find a couple of "fresh" leads. Yeh sure, real fresh. They were not there ten minutes before, but they already have 279 others that have attached their auditions...... Somethin' ain't right with that.

Those are a couple of strong reasons why I allowed my membership to lapse. Now, can anyone tell me how to stop the constant onslaught of email announcing the availability of jobs I can not possibly ever get? At this point, Voice123 is nothing more than spam.

Clicking the link that promises to take one to that little bit of heaven doesn't deliver the promised service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: