VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new set-up.....any suggestions would be appreciated.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffK
T-Shirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom, have you looked into the Alesis MultiMix 12USB Mixer? It has the USB built in thus saving a few bucks. For me, a mixer is required for aux post/pre fader for phone patching sessions. While I have not used this particular unit, I have read good reviews and it may be worth checking into.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-MultiMix-12USB-Mixer-?sku=630167
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending upon your needs and cash, there is also an 8 I/O version of the Alesis in Firewire or USB. Although I am not a fan of USB for audio... these seem to be a very good product.

It is definately worth looking into, especially for a portable set-up.

Frank F
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....for those that have been following this post.....I got my equipment delivered the other day......got it all hooked up last night hoping to use it for my NBC gig I posted about.....and wouldn't you know it, I think the Edirol UA1000 is defective. It has 4 mic inputs and I hooked up to number 1.....nothing! it worked as far as functioning as my system sound card....I could play files and all, but trying to record with the mic....uh uh.....each mic input has a sensitivity knob for adjusting the input and a peak light.....couldn't get the peak light to come on for anything....even turned all the way up.....I had the 48V phantom power turned on so that wasn't it. Anyway, I tried all the mic inputs. 1 and 2 wouldn't get a peak light or anything. 3 and 4 get thje peak light, so my mic signal is making it to the UA1000, but can't get a signal into Audition 2. I know I've got it all set up right in audition. I can play files in audition but no input signal for recording. I followed the manual to a T over and over and cannot get the signal from the UA1000 to the computer. I will try tech support, but I think I may have to return it. Spo I ended up having to go back to my previous setup to do the gig. It all worked out but what a disappointment.

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: