VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tragic Incident

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisonvoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Tragic Incident Reply with quote

My apologies folks, I accidentally posted this in the work section.
I was working a Canadian Football League game last night (I'm the Press Box Announcer at Winnipeg Blue Bomber home games). Early in the 2nd Quarter, one of the League staff at the game mentioned that a fan had fallen to the concrete from the lower part of the North End stands. So I mentioned the incident to the working media, and was told that the fan who fell was being treated and reported it as such. Apparently he was in & out of consciousness and sustained a broken collarbone.

Turns out that I was talking to a friend of mine today who's a receptionist with the team & I asked her if she had heard anything new on the situation. She told me that the fan had passed away!! She had been talking with the team General Manager and he told her that the poor gentleman had had a seizure and fell over the railing and had landed face-first. (I'd say roughly a 15-20 foot fall) One of the local papers had erroneously reported that the fan had been drunk.
The team has since issued a release expressing their condolences in the wake of the accident.
WINNIPEG FOOTBALL CLUB

EXTENDS SYMPATHY TO FAMILY

WBB RELEASE – 2006/211

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Aug. 5, 2006

WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Football Club would like to extend its heartfelt sympathy and condolences to the family of the fan who passed away as the result of an accident which occurred during Friday night’s game between the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

The football club has been cooperating fully with the authorities as they investigate this unfortunate accident and will continue to do so.

“The important thing right now is the individual’s family as they deal with their loss,” said Winnipeg Blue Bombers President and CEO Lyle Bauer. “Our thoughts and prayers are with them at this very difficult time.”

Contrary to an earlier published report, there have been no prior comments made by any Winnipeg Football Club officials with respect to this accident.

The Winnipeg Football Club will not be commenting further pending an investigation.

-30-

For More Information

Jim Timlick

Manager, Media Relations and Communications

(204) 784-7422

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/406 - Release Date: 8/2/06