VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR VO HILLS...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhouston67
VO-BB Intarwebz Glossary Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR VO HILLS... Reply with quote

Sometimes. Sometimes not. Observe:

Quote:
Prior to the 11th season, actress Maggie Roswell left the show [The Simpsons] after a contract dispute. She had reportedly been making only $1500 an episode, even after 10 years on the show. To add insult to injury, Roswell lived in Colorado and was being forced to commute to Los Angeles out of her own pocket.

The network offered her a measly $150 extra per episode, which wasn't even enough to cover the cost of air-fares. Roswell balked. "I wasn't asking for what the other cast members make," she said. "I just wanted to recoup all the costs I had in travel. If they'd flown me in, I'd still be working." ... Roswell eventually returned to the show in 2002, after presumably being offered a new and more favorable contract. During her absence, her characters were voiced by actress Marcia Mitzman-Gaven.

$1500 may sound like a lot, but not when your minor character(s) can easily be absent from any given episode.

http://www.snpp.com/guides/lisa-4.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR VO HILLS... Reply with quote

David,

This quite vividly underscores Banksey's Law: Only 5% of the people will ever make any (serious) money in voiceover.

I met Maggie a year or so before that contact issue. She's a very nice, and obviously very talented lady.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: