VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great video, great narration, great message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Pollak
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Great video, great narration, great message Reply with quote

I'm a motorcyclist. Just got back from a 1700 mile trip and saw this posted elsewhere.

This is a great video. I'm thinking the v/o is the guy who does the Chrysler commercials.

Watch, enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/19322238

www.voicebyscott.com
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool. hope you have fun on your ride! how many days did you spread that 1700 miles over?

Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like John Goodman
Rick Riley
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That VO was originally for another sporting event. I've seen it referenced several times from agents in VO directions. The original footage features a number of sports. They adapted the VO to the bike footage well, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the original format. And it sure sounds like the Chrysler guy, but not sure there either.

PS I'm a huge fan of motorcycle racing!

www.rickrileyvoice.com
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narrator is John Doman
Same actor from The Wire
Scott Pollak
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd, my trip was about 840 miles each way. Each way I took a day and a half. I'm only good for about 500 miles in a day, ESPECIALLY on the notorious slab (interstate).

In early October our whole family will be riding the Natchez Trace, the south's version of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and will include an overnight stay at a B&B on the Trace. REALLY looking forward to that one. It'll be easy riding of only about 250 miles a day.

www.voicebyscott.com
Rick Riley
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's riding habits are different, but my wife and I took off from Florida and went up to the Ohio River, through Georgia, Tenn, Kentucky, Ohio and back down the East Coast. Did about 150 - 200 miles per day all on back roads, no interstates. Had a blast. When we got to Tenn, someone told us to take the Natchez Trace Parkway. We did for about 20 miles, got real bored and went back to the beginning, where we had dinner on Mother's Day at the Loveless Cafe. We found after traveling all the back roads and little towns, talking to people and taking side trips whenever we felt the urge, looking at nothing but trees for hundreds of miles was going to be pretty monotonous.

As I said, everyone's riding habits are different, but unless I didn't go far enough. there is nothing on the NTP. Nothing. Bottom line, the trip was great. I've had bikes all my life but this was the first time for my wife. I told her to pick one out and she chose a Harley Ultra Classic, loaded with everything from cruise control to intercoms. She rode on the back and just enjoyed the ride. When we were done, she said it was the best vacation we'd ever had. I said, 'You like bikes that much?' She said, 'The bike was great, but having you in one place for two weeks where I could talk to you and you couldn't get up and leave was perfect!'

Had such a great time, we did it again in the fall.

www.rickrileyvoice.com
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Eagle wrote:
Narrator is John Doman
Same actor from The Wire
Rawls!! I knew that voice sounded familiar, but couldn't peg it. What a great character actor, and a great voice too.
Scott Pollak
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Riley wrote:
We did for about 20 miles, got real bored and went back to the beginning, where we had dinner on Mother's Day at the Loveless Cafe.

We're actually starting our trip out on a Friday morning AT the Loveless Cafe, Rick. From there we'll do 250 miles south to French Camp, where we'll stay at a B&B, and then turn around and head BACK to Nashville the next day.

I hear what you're saying, but I've done lots of riding through twisty 2-lanes in purely wooded areas and I love it. Next year my wife, son and I are likely to ride up the Blue Ridge Parkway to D.C. and then spend a solid week doing nothing but as much of the various Smithsonian museums as we can pack in. Then turn around and ride the BRP back home.

What I like about places like the Natchez Trace and BRP as opposed to just pure backroads through towns is you don't hit a lot of small towns with artificially low 25mph speed limits, stop lights, and hayseeds in pickup trucks going 20 mph that you can't pass for 40 miles.

www.voicebyscott.com
Rick Riley
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got caught in a rainstorm behind a funeral procession in Tennessee. Just a downpour. They were in the left lane so I pulled in the right lane to find a place to get off the road. They actually pulled in front of me to try to run me off the road. I wasn't trying to pass, just get off. I found out later, if you're behind a funeral procession in that part of the country, you join in. No matter what! One of the MANY reasons I moved back out West.

www.rickrileyvoice.com
jsgilbert
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes from this commercial from 2009. I believe the voice over is from an actual basketball coach's speech to his team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LccxeBMLibY

js@jsgilbert.com
www.jsgilbert.com

"today is the first day of the rest of the week"
DeadDillo
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a damn inspiring speech.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: