VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RX4 upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: RX4 upgrade Reply with quote

I just got an email from the fine folks at Izotope telling me that since I bought my copy of RX3 so recently (hurray for procrastination!) I can get a free upgrade to RX4. Sweet! I've been alternately loving and hating RX3: I love it when I can cut the chair squeak and only the chair squeak out of a good take, and then I hate it when I realize I just spend 15 minutes carefully isolating and removing a chair squeak from a reading of a 10 second script Laugh

Gotta admit that am looking forward to new, better, shinier and more distracting rabbit holes to fall into with RX4. Anyone tried it yet?

Bill Campbell
DC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd purchase the WD40 plug-in instead.
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Campbell wrote:
I'd purchase the WD40 plug-in instead.
I'm thinking of getting it bundled with the Duct Tape plug-in - that way I can be sure that any and every possible problem will indeed be covered!

Bob Stevens
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have RX2 and love it. Never found a reason to upgrade. You need some practice boy. I bounce tracks in and out of it with lighting speed.
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Stevens wrote:
I have RX2 and love it. Never found a reason to upgrade. You need some practice boy. I bounce tracks in and out of it with lighting speed.
What I need is the judgment to know when to use a scalpel and when to use a trash bin. Sure, there's a sense of triumph and techno-magic-wonder when I manage to successfully remove an offending bit of fibbeldyglorp, but if I could have recorded a dozen fresh takes in the time it took me to fix the one, it ain't a terribly efficient use of my time.

But yeah.. I suppose that does indeed mean that I need practice too. It's still a relatively new acquisition. More toy than tool right now. Once I am better able to use it quickly and effectively, and able to recognize, isolate, and cut any unwanted noise in the spectral view, it might even become a useful part of my set up instead of a gee-whiz cool one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: