VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

twisted wave revert to original question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kath Crumrine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: twisted wave revert to original question Reply with quote

Gasp So I recored a longform narration today. Eq'd, normalized and saved it as such. Now I have to edit. I have no idea if I can (twisted wave) somehow revert to the original (which is saved with changes) with out eq's/normalizing/stacks etc.

Can anyone advise?
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's still open, you can just undo until you are back to it. Otherwise, if you saved the file with the processing completed, I don't know that you CAN get it back. Unless TW saves all original recordings somewhere. I'm pretty sure it doesn't though. I think it uses a destructive editing process (meaning, you are always working on the original file. Non-destructive keeps the original as it was recorded and then when you edit and process you are working on a copy).

Welcome to the BB BTW Smile
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Huggins wrote:
... Unless TW saves all original recordings somewhere. I'm pretty sure it doesn't though.

That's one of the things that keeps me from using TW on a regular basis. It's now just my mastering program for audiobooks.

In future if all you have is a destructive audio program you can save your original raw recording, then save your edited version before processing, and then of course your final version. That way you can "go back" and make fixes. That's a lot of versions but they'll save your bacon enough times to make it very worthwhile.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Andy
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wont be any older saves. What you have is what you have. So, record your fixes and the eq and normalize as you did the originals and they should fit in nicely.

I LOVE TW and have never had an issue. My file system helps keep me on track and keeps me from "loosing" various versions.
Here is what I do:
First, I saw the raw files to a DB folder just in case!
Then I have the following folder set up:
RAW-for the raw originals in WAV format.
EDITED-for the fixed and "perfect" raw ones
MASTERED=for the files that are eq'd metadata added etc....
FINAL-for the final MP3 files to be uploaded to whomever.

It works for me and does help to ensure I have each chapter of a book at a various stage of production just in case.

Best wishes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: