VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! Need road mic ASAP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: HELP! Need road mic ASAP Reply with quote

So I forgot my Apogee Mic and I'm in the pacific northwest. I found out literally while in line at car rental that I'm a finalist for a BIG national voice job.
They need some new reads and the casting person said recording into the iphone should be fine but I REALLY want the job and don't want to say later 'I didn't do everything I could to get that job'
I have my iPad and app to record with but need an iOS mic that I can get at best buy or Walmart.
There IS a Guitar center but it doesn't open til after I need the mic so I'm forced to go a best buy or Walmart type store.
Can anyone recommend a quality ios mic that I can find at best buy or Walmart?
Blue Yeti? Something more pedestrian that's a diamond in the rough?
NEED HELP ASAP CAUSE I HAVE TO HIT THE ROAD (40 mins drive) HERE SOON!
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably too little, too late.

I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart in a couple years, and Best Buy no longer has pro-audio department. I guess the most likely find is the Blue Yeti, since it's on their website.

Otherwise, if you know what you're doing you can get very good sound from the iPhone built-in mic. It's all in the acoustics and placement.. kind like every other mic.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pacific Northwest is a big place. Where are you so we can give better suggestions? Heck, there a dozen VO-BB members who live up here. You might be able to record with one of us.

And yes, the iPhone mic is just fine when it comes to a clear representation of your copy interpretation, and that's what they want to hear. They already know your normal technical quality is fine or they wouldn't have chosen you. Plus there are many stories out there of big name voice talent recording auditions in their cars. Join their ranks.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
The Pacific Northwest is a big place. Where are you so we can give better suggestions? Heck, there a dozen VO-BB members who live up here. You might be able to record with one of us.

And yes, the iPhone mic is just fine when it comes to a clear representation of your copy interpretation, and that's what they want to hear. They already know your normal technical quality is fine or they wouldn't have chosen you. Plus there are many stories out there of big name voice talent recording auditions in their cars. Join their ranks.

B

Anacortes, Washington. Not too far from Burlington, Bellingham
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say I'm only seeing voice talents and ISDN users in Seattle and South of there. There is a place in Burlington call Puget Sound Recording studio, but they don't even have a web site.

iPhone it is?

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
Sorry to say I'm only seeing voice talents and ISDN users in Seattle and South of there. There is a place in Burlington call Puget Sound Recording studio, but they don't even have a web site.

iPhone it is?

B

iPhone/iPad it WAS! hunkered down in the rental, cranked it out and sent it off.
Thanks for your help/input everybody!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: