VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new skype session configuration for id22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: new skype session configuration for id22 Reply with quote

I recently acquired an id22. (yay!) After pestering Jason (Huggins) and Scott (McDonald) for advice on patching Skype through the thing, (thanks to both of you, by the way!) I decided to throw some questions at audient directly. Boy did they ever come through! Helpdesk saint Harry sent me a configuration that combines the two Skype patch configurations they currently have on their site: now you can play back tracks from your DAW and record the caller.

Unfortunately, it requires an optical cable (don't have one yet!) and the ability to turn off input monitoring in your DAW, (and I'm not entirely sure I can do this in Pro Tools). Still, it's amazing that he came up with this solution insanely quickly after I fired off an email question. He (Harry) has tested it, I haven't yet, but I figured since all I ever do is take, take, take*, I should give a little for once and share it.

I've got the pdf instructions uploaded at smartbins. Anyone who wants to try it out can access it through the following link: http://wfurl.com/502907f

Let me know how you fare if you manage to give it a go!

*to be fair, this isn't entirely true. I also whine, whine, whine!

FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hei Andrew,

Thanks for the legwork, or should it be "finger work" now-a-days (if you were emailing back and forth).

Appreciate what you did and will check it out later.

Cheers!

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: