VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mystery mic noise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill. I'd be surprised if the microphone was the cause of a problem that goes away whenever I restart the computer. Then again, it's not like I've found any other cause. Mayhaps that is the right track to take. I'll contact CAD and see what they think.

Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, it's not the mic causing my noise woes. I cleared a spot on my power bar for my other mic's power source so I could run them both at the same time. (I've never done that before. Wheee! Fun!) But when the noise inevitably popped up, it was on both tracks. So, no easy solutions, and a hardware/power/summin-else issue it is after all.

Now if only I could figure out WHAT that summin else is... I'd still love to hear ideas if anyone has any. Lord knows I'm out of 'em.

The silver lining is I can do my very first microphone comparison with both mics recording at the same time. Neat! Imma going to do that.

FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Have you tried... Reply with quote

Have you tried different micpres ?

I hate to say it but it could be the iD22. Have you discussed the issue with them ?

Recently, I have had problems with 2 different micpres, so if you have the option to switch out your micpre, or interface, you might want to try that.

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion Scott.

My memory is terrible, but I'm pretty sure this problem started back when I was using an Mbox mini last year and may well have helped goad me into trading up to the audient id22. But I should probably dust off the Mbox and hook it up for a few days to see what happens. Even if it will feel like switching back to a Chevette after driving a Cadillac for a while Laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: