VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waves new Tracks Live Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Waves new Tracks Live Software Reply with quote

Hey y'all, I thought I would check in after a quick test drive of the new Waves Tracks Live software. I assumed it would be what it turned out to be..a multitrack live recorded.

Essentially, it can record multiple tracks (and it seems to do it quite well) but that is about where functionality stops. It is very simple and easy to navigate but does not have any processing capability and has very little editing capability. It was not touted as a full-functioning DAW, but just what it is. I was personally hoping for punch and roll capability because it seemed more intuitively designed than Studio One, however it was not to be had.

In addition, you can purchase (currently on sale for $99 down from $600) the MultiRack add-on which allows you to use your Waves (and from what I see, Waves ONLY) plugins for recording and for live sound just like they were hardware gear (obviously limited by your computer hardware capabilities). Personally, the only thing I can see this being useful for is if you want to do some light processing via software during a live session you could use this kind of like you would for the Apollo Twin (although the UAD plugins are a bit different...the concept is still the same. Plugins used live like hardware for recording).

So there you have it. If you need a light-weight, solid performing, multitrack live recording solution...this could be a good thing to check out. It is free, and that is always a major plus Smile

I don't have anything to do with Waves and don't use any Waves software, nor am I paid by Waves in any way, shape or form. I was just passing on some info that I thought interesting.
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

says you need 4GB RAM and a Core 2 Duo 2.3.. that leaves me out with my older Mac Mini.. I could run it on my travel MacBook Air. not a bad deal for $99..looks like it was designed for live performance, rather than VO, however
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: