VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPDTL ISSUES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombrom
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: IPDTL ISSUES Reply with quote

I just installed IPDTL and when I played the test tone it was about 2 octaves lower and then when I recorded my voice I sounded like a Chipmunk. Guessing this is some sort of sampling issue but wondering if anyone else had any problems. I have Windows 64 bit with a Lexicon Alpha unit. It works fine for Source Connect and Sound Forge, so not sure what's going on. Thanks
tombrom
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I solved it. Under Windows I went to the speaker icon and set playback to 48k hz. That seems to have fixed it. I recorded a test but the audio quality did not blow me away, maybe that's because I have the free account. Anyway, interested in whether anyone has got any work out of IPDTL yet
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Blair would be the one to ask about that. He uses it quite a bit, has worked with the designer, and was quite generous answering my questions about it.
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom, I think you need to go under windows, click on the speaker icon and set playback to 48k hz. Wink Glad you fixed it!

As for the free ipDTL, the sound quality won't be as good. With the paid version you can do up to 320 kbps Stereo.

You can always do Source Connect Now for free. That has been hit or miss for me with the many tests I've done with it.

As for work - yes, I've done a number of sessions with it. I'm having a hard time getting corporate clients to use it, because so often they have end-clients who have difficulty navigating a speakerphone, let alone setting their Chromium brower to use their microphones.

Oddly, last year I did five sessions with German and Austrian production houses using Session Link Pro - and a few other sessions that either didn't come together or I didn't get the gig but the stipulation was the ability to connect with Session Link Pro. I won't be buying that because it seems that enough produktion hauses over there have the subscription.

I hope this doesn't bring out the Constables, but I may or not have a blog post from earlier this month that explains the new features of ipDTL with screenshots. Maybe. I don't really know...
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC Now is MUCH better than it was 6 months ago after a total rewrite.
I've used it with a few clients, sometimes for more than an hour, without a single drop or glitch. Whatever you can convince the client to use is the best way to go... I think SCNow has a much simpler, uncluttered UI.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that does look more straightforward, and I'm glad it's solid now. Good to know!

Interesting tidbit from the ISDN To-Go webinar today was that when using that bridging service the delay and quality worked much better (seamlessly) with ipDTL and SCN, and wasn't impressive when using Source Connect.
Jen Gosnell
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I'm really glad to read these comments about SCNow, as I've been thinking about trying it but was recently put off by some disdainful comments regarding the quality. Thanks, George and Lance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: