VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shure Motiv..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Shure Motiv.. Reply with quote

I guess I've been out of the loop.. I just became aware of this suite of new products from Shure..very cool retro looking.. damn

http://www.shure.com/americas/stories/motiv-digital-microphones

This looks like it covers all the bases for the traveling VO artist.. Shure's answer to the Blue Snaowball, the Apogee Mic, the Focusrite Solo, the MicPort Pro, and the Blue Mikey/Tascam iM2

All of the units run iOS (iPhone/iPad) with no external power.. I really would like to hear how these things sound.. cannot track down anyone who actually has any of these… I like the interface that plugs directly into the iPHone, or iPad.. the recording app it comes with looks cool too… very handy..

Last edited by captain54 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking the look of the MVi interface ... I'd be interested to see how it sounds compared to the X2U. With both regular and iOS connectivity, it seems competitively priced for a mobile interface.

Damn... this could end up costing me money... I was just about to pull the pin on another X2U Shocked
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need it like I need a hole in my head, but..I'm seriously eyeing that Mv88..

http://youtu.be/jlFkibJzCAE

https://youtu.be/reEigM7OMvw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that MVi looks awesome! And I just bought a steinberg ur12 as a backup before my mixerface gets here. Maybe I need a back up for my back up of my back up?
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdaeley17 wrote:
And I just bought a steinberg ur12 as a backup before my mixerface gets here. ?

I have a feeling we'll all have a chance to try out a lot of gear before that happens.....
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owww! Some water for that burn?

The (on-going) CEntrance Mixerface debacle was one of the reasons I stopped looking at their products and bought the Shure X2U in the first place (that, and some well reported QC issues). The constant mis-fire development and the embarrasingly awful begging for funds has done immeasurable damage to CEntrance as a company (in my opinion).

... and they're still "on the ball" with their new product and the messages they're sending. The website proudly proclaims "Expected early 2015. Reserve yours today! - $899"

Guys... we're a couple of days from September already! Does anyone have any real information about this, because I haven't seen such an over-hyped release since The Segway! (and that actually made it to market!)
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Mixerface, just got this gem in the mail

A quick update on our other campaigns, which are moving forward.

DACport HD units is all here in Chicago and will be shipping in about a week. After that, we will be shipping the HiFi-Skyn. Both products are simpler than Mixerface, so they will ship sooner than MixerFace.

I am fully committed to demonstrating that we stand by our contributors -- all orders will be shipped and all crowdfunding customers will be satisfied.

Returning to MixerFace. I'm happy to report that we finally have a breakthrough. MixerFace is able to reboot, wake up and see the iPhone correctly. It can record and playback without the need for a camera connection kit, a wall, which we've been trying to scale for the last 6 months. Now we need to clean up the code, make sure it's fully compatible with the hardware and make the product. I'm hoping that the worst is now behind us. This product must be in your hands before the end of the year.
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, both of those units are MORE PROFITABLE than the Mixerface, so they'll be pushed to market faster. I'm even getting tired of reading their progress reports, and I am as sympathetic as one can get.
Shure MVi is really slick, used it at two trade shows.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update... I bought the MVi and hooked it up to an AT875R on the talky side, and my iPhone 6+ on the other. I shelled out the $9.99 and got Twisted Wave for the phone. Let's just say that I won't be taking the laptop on road trips any more. The MVi is a perfect alternative to the X2U I was considering with the advantage of connecting to the iPhone as well. It also included the cables for both the iPhone and regular USB. As with the X2U, it's built like a brick-outhouse and you could do some serious damage if you lobbed it at someone!
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bish, you rock!

I was just thinking, "I wonder if anyone has reviewed the mvi yet?"

I'd love to hear samples if you have the time!

Warmest Regards,

Sean

PS George, I feel you, both on the sympathy and finally reaching my fracture point. I don't want to obsess over my disappointment with Centrance, but this is ridiculous. I've bought two interfaces out of necessity to fill the role Mixerface was supposed to in this time (I'd say keeping GAS at bay for 14 months is pretty good.) And now other companies are accomplishing almost the same thing in the same time frame, at a fraction of the price. This business is on tilt, and I'm not sure if they'll ever recover from it.
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVi definitely looks like it could fill the bill for another portable interface. Have you seen the demo video where the guy dumps his backpack and the MVi comes tumbling out...no worse for wear? Nice marketing there. Certainly can't beat the price point for all that it does.

Bish.. are you happy with the pre in it?
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one on the way from B&H for review on Whittam's World next week Smile
Glad to see it's the real deal, Bish. Shure never releases half-assed gear, in my experience.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read about the MVi, the more I like it. The ShurePlus app (that works in concert with the MVi) looks pretty impressive too. Even has a low cut filter. Does anyone know if this interface was around when the MixerFace campaign started? Wish I had seen it then if it was. Looking forward to the VO-BS review.
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn..anyone looking to score a 2nd hand, lightly used Focusrite iTrack solo? He he
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a steinberg UR12? hehe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: