VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody using CleanFeed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Anybody using CleanFeed? Reply with quote

I ran across another Chrome/Opus based ISDN alternative that is free called CleanFeed. I haven't done any tests on it yet, but it is free to use commercially.

Has anyone done any real world testing? Thanks!!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I surprise myself. I like Cleanfeed. It's simple (like me), audio only, no video. And the price right. One does need to route audio into your DAW for recording, but that is simple.

Get's 5 stars in my book.

Frank F
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested at first, but who are they? No info but an email address.

Why do they do this for free? I wrote to them a few years ago and they didn't respond.

And, are they really these people using the same simple font for their logo?

http://www.cleanfeedmedia.co.uk/
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I follow you Lance. You are not interested because you do not know who they are and you don't have to pay $20.00/month and you don't like their logo font?

Hmmmmmm.

Frank F
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I get what you are saying as it relates to relying on them in your daily profession. If you don't know who they are or how they are making money, they might be recording sessions and selling the audio...you never really know. I wouldn't expect that to be the case, but I can see how a lack of accountability could lead to a lack of trust.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleanfeed is part of cleanfeed media out of the UK. Does that help?
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does help, thank you...

...especially now since I asked them on twitter and they replied after I asked them a second time (they ignored my question yesterday) that they are "not whatsoever" associated with cleanfeed media.

ipDTL and Source Connect Now have privacy policies and publicly documented physical addresses, names, faces, and telephone support lines. Cleanfeed has none of these. Cleanfeed doesn't even have a telephone number!

I would never sign up for anything free that did not have at least a privacy policy, telephone number, or a documented physical address.
Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. Why would someone – even offering something at no charge – withhold complete contact information? Why would they ignore requests for that information? And why would they lie about their affiliations?

Businesses that aren't forthcoming are hiding something, and I won't give them the time of day, either. Even when they offer something for free.

This is not terribly far from seedy individuals offering candy to kids on the street.

Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Blair wrote:

I would never sign up for anything free that did not have at least a privacy policy, telephone number, or a documented physical address.

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service
heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company is a small LLP, based in London. They are not associated with Clean Feed Media, which makes content blocking software used by BT in the UK.

The company's directors are Marc Rene Bakos and Mark Christopher Hills, two young entrepreneurs who have created an Opus based comm service and app. The registered address of the company is Mr Hills' flat in Tottenham. Mr Bakos is a former director of his father's shipping company. Neither individual appears to have much of a business background, being fairly young, and neither individual appears to be evil.

The service is currently free to use, as it is still in development. The company's website is somewhat simple, and its TOS are fairly straightforward. Communications on the service are encrypted, and they don't make any claims of ownership regarding your content. They do reserve the right to cancel your user account if you abuse the service, try to reverse engineer their software, or overburden their servers.

I find no reason to be wary of the service. Early users seem to like it, though, I suspect it may experience growing pains if it becomes popular.

Additionally, I think it likely it could be snapped up by a larger company, should it be successful.

I've signed up, and intend to play with it a bit. I'll let you know what I think after I've had a chance to check it out further.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there goes the neighborhood.

ff
heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb, Don! Thank you for the detailed explanation. I'm glad to hear they're not associated with the other guys.

One question, I've read about Clean Feed Media being a content-blocker, but are those guys the same as these guys? We're talking about three separate companies now, right?

http://www.cleanfeedmedia.co.uk/

So Frank, why did you say they were the same?
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the interwebs directed me to a connection that showed that clean feed media and clean feed. Net were the same.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Harrison wrote:
Why would someone – even offering something at no charge – withhold complete contact information? Why would they ignore requests for that information.

Because they are not answerable to you or anyone else.

We are becoming worse as global citizens because of an internet. Everyone must be accountable if they do anything at all and must be shunned if they do not like your Facetube Kitten pic or unfollow on Twitter for being a boring git.

Anyone who attempts to divert producers away from the lovely and fragrant ISDN should be stabbed to death by lettuce weilding Hamsters - That is publicly now on an internet so it is henceforth deemed to be the LAW - This I so swear in the name of Noddy Holder former lead singer of the group Slade (there is no greater oath).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: