VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!! (CAD e100s- Unhappy Ending)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: ARRRRGGGHHHH!!! (CAD e100s- Unhappy Ending) Reply with quote

Many of you know I've been trying to get my first functional CAD e100s since November, but here's a recap:

1) Made order, waited 5 weeks, got CAD, inherent noise issues, sent back, return shipping refunded, replacement ordered. Massdrop-1, CAD- 0

2) Replacement ships in January, check in 5 weeks later, told to wait 3 more weeks, CAD still MIA, chalked up as "Lost in Transit.", Massdrop offers replacement or refund, replacement ordered. Massdrop- 2, CAD- 0

3) Check in 3 weeks later (yesterday) to see if the replacement has shipped, Massdrop informs me that CAD doesn't have any in stock, doesn't know when they'll be in stock, Massdrop decides to refund my money and give me credit towards my next purchase. Massdrop- 3, CAD- 0.

I'm sorry, but I'm pissed. CAD obviously doesn't care, and refuses to support a constituency that embraces one of it's most popular products. Between this, Lance and Dave's noise issues, and not even knowing if my replacement CAD would work if I actually got it? I'm done.
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some companies (and people) become a victim of their own success...
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage advice, good sir.
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stinks. But as they say. It Wasn't meant to be.
DenaliDave
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, NOT happy with CAD. I've probably spent the cost of a NEW e100s just trying everything under the sun to get the e100s to work!

And Massdrop JUST re-offered the e100s again a few days ago too...

So how praytell do they suddenly have them for a new Massdrop if they don't have any for you?!

If I were you Sean? I'd look into the JZ Microphone's J1 -- Lance did a blogpost on it, and it interested me:

http://lanceblairvo.com/blog/category/cad-e100s/

Maybe he could chime in and see if has any updates/further thoughts on it?
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange too, because the lowest
price offered during my drop was actually 269.00, and now it's only 300. Make of that what you will.

Yep, I've read that article, Dave (many times!). Lance knows I'm a huge fan of his blog and defer to his opinion in all things audio. The J1 isn't readily available in Japan, but some of the higher models are. Also, B&H has decent international shipping. What's interesting is that each place I look, the model is a completely different color. Teal at Amazon. Purple at B&H, and my favorite, dark grey at Thomann UK.

DenaliDave
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it that hard to get things sent to Japan?

I live in Alaska, and I swear I have to argue with other states within the USA that "Yes, Alaska IS part of the United States..."...

*sigh*

USPS has "flat rate" shipping. Those red, white and blue boxes -- the whole, "if it fits, it ships" thing? Yeah, that also applies to Alaska! So it chaps me when sellers try and charge extra for something that doesn't cost THEM extra!

On the e100S...

I got some of that "DeOxit" cleaning/protective stuff for the XLR connection, and it seemed to clear up the interference problem right away. But like *every* thing I try, it always works once. I'm skeptical it's actually been fixed.

And as another nail in the CAD's coffin...I got the clone to sound even better by playing around with mic placement. I decided to hang it upside down so I could get it close/better angle for a more full-bodied sound and still be able to read copy or scripts.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not too hard, but shipping prices can make it not worthwhile, as it's usually $50.00 and up, especially for expensive items like audio equipment. It's not all bad though, because sometimes you find the same items available here for much less due to the exchange rate and other inexplicable circumstances. I might have mentioned this before, but I've consistently found Neumanns for 200-1000 dollars less than in the states.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: