VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plug Your Mouse into the Back of the Computer with Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Plug Your Mouse into the Back of the Computer with Windows Reply with quote

I've been having a problem with a high pitched whine in the right channel output only of my sound interfaces (with various ones) when using Windows 8.1 and Windows 10; the noise would be triggered by moving the mouse. Sometimes when I'd move my desk around and re-plug things the noise would be gone.

Here's what fixes it: plug your mouse into the back of the computer, not the front. And presto! Solution achieved!

http://www.viper007bond.com/2010/02/23/high-pitched-noise-over-speakers-when-moving-mouse/
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent suggestion on something to try when looking for a solution to a problem.

But your answer may not be universal. The computer I currently use ONLY for recording has a peculiarity. The keyboard MUST be plugged into a jack on the front of the computer, or it will not be recognized. Only machine I have every worked with that made that demand!

It seems to be a bit more ambidextrous about where the mouse can be plugged in. This was a refurbished HP machine "back from lease" which has all the appearance of a foot soldier that was prepared to live on a corporate desk somewhere, but I suspect it NEVER came out of his shipping box before the lease was over. (No scratches, no dents, no scuffs.)

I chose this less than handsome and robust machine because I was looking for something simple and quiet so it could live in the studio and not generate noise that the mic would pick up. And just capturing a USB signal and laying it down as an audio track does not require a robust machine. And I met it half-way and installed an SSD drive because the HD was being picked up by the mic.... but not the cooling fan.

And if someone else had posted this tale, I might or might not believe it! cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: