VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ProTools Shortcut

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VoiceGuy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: ProTools Shortcut Reply with quote

Hello, friends. I've been a lurker for years and have quietly done fairly well picking up scraps.

I just thought I'd re-introduce myself by posting a time saver I just discovered in ProTools. If I should have known better long ago, please don't make me feel worse than I do Smile.

Much of the business narration work I do requires a half-second pre-roll before audio begins. For years, I have manually "grabbed" the track and dragged it to the appropriate spot.

I recently discovered adjusting the "grid and nudge" window and set them appropriately to .500.

Now, I drag the track to zero and hit the "+" key and it "tabs" the track into the precise position without me having to play a bit of a video game to get it to the right spot. It's saving me about 10 min per hour of frustration.

Again, maybe I should have known better, but didn't. I hope this helps someone!
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's good policy to share hard-won tips even if a lot of people might already know it. If you do a search and don't see anything on it, it's safe to assume someone will benefit, IMO. Personally I love it when people post tips and detail what they're doing.
MBVOXX
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree, if you are a PT user, 'nudge' is your friend. I use 'grid' mostly with music production as it makes resampling drums a breeze.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: