VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone still sending out demo CDs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Anyone still sending out demo CDs? Reply with quote

If so, I have a bunch of black poly CD cases I'd be happy to sell for little more than the cost of shipping. They're styled like a traditional DVD case, but the size of a CD case. See pics below. I have about 100 of one style (squared spine) and 54 with a more rounded spine. I was thinking about .10 each for them, but make me a ridiculous offer for all of them and I'll probably go for it. If you're near the Boston area, I'll meet you somewhere convenient and you can avoid the shipping costs.

And just to give you an idea of how nice they can look, here's how I used them for my demos several years ago.

If you're interested, let me know and we can figure something out.
MBVOXX
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is a CD ? how do I fit it into my MacBook Air?
Smile

I have a similar problem...with a couple hundred of standard jewel cases boxed up in a corner of my studio. Can't bring myself to throw them in the trash...
but I suspect that's what it will eventually come down to.

FWIW: I spent over a decade as producer at a major market ad agency and can't remember, even once, seeing an associate producer or writer listen to a CD demo of a voice talent. They always scoured through talent agency MP3 postings or had talent agencies submit sorted auditions via MP3/email. That has been my experience since the early 2000's. If you are still sending CD demos in 2017 they are going in the trash can. I can't even think of anyone in the ad world that I associate with who actually has a computer that plays CD's anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: