VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigsvoicetalent
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I haven't posted on the board for a while. I decided that I would take some time out and use all of the honest and intelligent advice that I had been given. Not only on this board but on some of the other excellent places where true professionals are open to sharing some amazing words of wisdom.

I started out as a brash, excited newbie who thought he would take over the Voice Over world very quickly. That was the naive hope anyway. In truth, it was not for fame and adulation, but to escape a day job that I had started to wake up and dread going to some mornings. I wanted to work doing something I was passionate about. And guess what - I am still passionate about voice over!

I have spent the last 18 months listening and learning. I have made mistakes in this time but I think I have learned from every one of them. So, what is my point? For anyone new who has joined this board - listen to all of the great advice that is out there. These fantastic people want you to succeed but they want you to do it in a way that supports the voice community as a whole. Do your research and choose a coach. Pay for the coaching sessions. If you don't click with that coach - move on. Your learning is more important and the coach should not be upset if you leave them. But most importantly - THIS IS A LONG PROCESS! You need to learn so much. This is a skill that you must learn like any other and it takes time.

I would also like to apologize to everyone that I contacted and came over as a brash, naive newbie. In truth, it was an important part of my learning but it still makes me blush (a little).

Thank you to all those who have taken the time and helped me get to where I am at this point. I still have much to learn but I now have a true idea of where I need to be.

British Voice Over
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting the "LIKE" button.

Thanks for posting. Your tag line says it all...

Quote:
The best lesson I have learned so far in talking for a living is ------- listen!

todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: