VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Apollo Twin users. Any ideas?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: For Apollo Twin users. Any ideas? Reply with quote

Putting this out there for the Apollo Twin users to see if they have the same issue.....
Is there any way to have the monitor mix mute automatically when I press record in Adobe Audition while using the Apollo Twin MKII? My old Apogee Duet would mute my playback speakers automatically when I started recording. It would also mute the headphones so I could not hear myself talk. So to work around that and get a headphone feed during recording when I needed it , I put a Mackie mixer in my chain and ran the headphone feed off of that for recording only. (I already have a pre-amp so not using the pre in the Apollo). Sometimes I need to wear headphones and hear myself when I record. Now with the Apollo Twin MKII, I have to physically MUTE the Output each time I record or turn off the speakers or I get feedback. Rather than go through the hassle of always remembering to turn the speakers off, is there a setting in the Console that does this automatically when I hit RECORD in Audition? I like the idea of having a constant headphone mix option while recording and the idea of possibly eliminating the Mackie board from the chain but don't want to have to keep turning the speakers at my desk on and off or go into the Console of the Apollo Twin to change a setting. Any ideas? Also will all of this affect my Source Connect feed which as of this post is working....for now. Thanks for the help.
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Emmet Andrews for some help the main part of this issue has finally been solved. In the Control Panel, I right clicked and copied Analog 1 input to Aux 1, then just turned down the fader all the way in Analog 1 but up on Aux 1. Then went to Monitor Outputs and in the Cue outputs section beside Headphone Source I selected HP. Now I have a live headphone feed but no monitors while recording. I do have a choice of Monitor or Headphones in the Cue Outputs window that I have to make after I am done recording but I would rather make an easy click to go back and forth to listen on the output rather than take a chance and have a monitor feed bleed over to my mic or wake everyone in the house up at night while I am recording by getting a blistering feedback sound for clicking on the wrong button. There may be another way but this works and won't freak my kids and my eardrums out with feedback or noise. Now to manipulate the headphone feed without having to make one click after recording. Want my cake and to eat it too. But I am satisfied with the Apollo Twin with this work around.
txrpls
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I just was hitting the knob before and yes I would forget and get all the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: