VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information on supplier

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronphi
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Information on supplier Reply with quote

I am ready to throw off the training wheels (Shure 8900W dynamic) and go to a sho 'nuff, honest-to-goodness, large diaphragm, side address, phantom powered, condenser mic. Huzzah!!! I am about 98% sure I will go with the Rode NT 1A. No need to belabor the merits of this or any other inexpensive mic. I have done research in the archives and via other online sources. I found a company called Digital Playroom online. They are offering the NT1A at the same price as the other online dealers. Most are throwing in a pop screen or a shock mount and soft bag (I think the mount and bag are standard with the mic anyway). Digital Playroom is giving the shock mount, bag, pop filter, 20 foot cable and free shipping. They are listed as an authorized dealer on the Rode site.

Question: Has anyone had any dealings with Digital Playroom? They appear to be in Alabama. Couldn't find a mention of them in the archives..

Thanks for any information.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urging for investment in the radio in the 1920s.
billelder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humbucker Music in Atlanta is doing the same thing. I bought my Studio Projects B1 from them and they were great.

I have no idea about Digital Playroom, but in the Customer's Playroom section I notice Andy Spinosi has two gold records for Beatles albums.

Digital Playroom looks like they are a "brick and mortar" company who also offers internet purchases. There is a toll free number. You might call and find out about their return policy.
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half of my gear came from Digital Playroom. Great folks to work with and lighting fast turnaround. I will admit they have a limited selection online, but the perks are nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: