VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wonder That Is the Apogee Hypemic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iannyc
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: The Wonder That Is the Apogee Hypemic Reply with quote

Too good not to share.

My voice-over producer friend said when Covid19 broke out, the big studios started buying up the Apogee Hypemic in large quantities and sending it to celebs for voice-over purposes.

It's a plug and play travel mic with analogue compression built-in, and it's designed to emulate a U-87. Not sure if it does that but man is this thing incredible.

A true game changer for travel kit options. $350 on amazon when it's back in stock, comes with adaptors, a stand and the cutest pop filter you've ever seen.
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to post a sample? I'd love to hear it. I'll look online as well...
joelrichards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original apogee MiC was my go to travel solution for years, many years ago (still have it somewhere...). Far better sound than a tiny USB mic should capture but the combo of being very sensitive to plosives and high latency when listening over headphones (which I felt I needed to catch the plosives) eventually pushed me to other solutions.

Looks like the HypeMiC addressed all that! Definitely worth looking into in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: