VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bodalgo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYCVO21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Bodalgo Reply with quote

I used to subscribe to Bodalgo and thought it was a decent P2P. The problem was that the postings usually went up while I was asleep (in NY; Bodalgo is based in Europe).

Do you know if the algorithm is first come, first listened to auditions, or its more like Voices where it's based on a match percentage?
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the clients go to the site and download/listen in batches, and the latest received is at the top of the list. i.e. they are not drip-fed the auditions as they come in - I mean, seriously... no client wants that, they have better things to do.

Anyway, that's how I interpreted what Armin told me, but just drop him a line... he's very hands-on and will give you a straight answer.

Also, I'm in NY, and I've found that auditions come in at any time of the day... people don't hit the office in Germany and immediately post jobs (9am for them, 3am for you and me). In my experience, they're sent out in the European afternoon. Sure, a couple might be there when I wake up... but they turn up at any time.
FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been told that Bodalgo works as Bish explained, the last to auditions will be the first to be heard.

Sometimes the clients listen to them quickly, in a piecemeal fashion.. The other day I posted an audition and got short listed in less than 5 minutes after posting Smile

Often nowadays there are hundreds who audition, so it works well if the clients open them piecemeal.

Living in Europe is not a big advantage. So if I audition soon after it is posted and they open the last ones first, what advantage is that to me ?

An audition just came in tonight about 19:00 my time.

IMHO, In any case, Bodalgo seems to be the most fair P2P at the moment.

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
NYCVO21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: