VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Audition Alternative
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Blair wrote:
Todd, I dumped Audition almost five years ago for REAPER and I love it. Great for working with video. Your audio edits will edit the video! The custom skins are a lot of fun too.

Here's how to tweak REAPER so you can make cuts like in the Edit mode of Audition for selecting areas then deleting. But it's still non-destructive, unlike in Audition.

https://lanceblairvo.com/2018/01/29/voice-over-recording-and-editing-with-reaper/

2nd on Reaper. Been using it for at least 10 years as I used Audition at the radio studio and aside from the 'Edit' view, it's pretty similar to Audition (3.0, anyway).
And if you're like me, who dabbles in music production too, it comes with a ton of built in effects.
Plus they're constantly updating it and making it better. One cool new feature is the 'Dry Run' on Rendering which shows you the final waveform after mixing down but BEFORE computer actually writes the file.
It's a little 'much' upon first glance but I use it for everything and rarely open files in Twisted Wave.
Thanks Lance for the 'Edit view' hack. I'll definitely check that out.
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome!

Recently I've been using two new Themes that I adore. "Peace" is so clear and wonderfully easy on the eyes. LCS_Luna_SE is a dark Neve-ish Theme that is just gorgeous. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229145

And I still use the Abbey Road console theme for a laugh now and then. Smile
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Todd. You might also take a look at Cubase Elements. It looks like it was designed for music (and likely it was), but it's the multitrack production software we use exclusively for promos and longer format audio production. A slight learning curve, but nothing you can't handle. And it's on sale at Sweetwater at the moment.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Cubase12E--steinberg-cubase-elements-12-download

Ha ha. I just noticed the date of this thread. Yes, it's been a while since I've checked in. Hope everyone's doing well! Smile
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don - Thanks for the bump!

Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I settled on TwistedWave in the end. It turns out that as cool as spectral editing mode is, I just didn't need it for what I do (mostly auditions and SC sessions, sometimes sending in my own recordings). With spectral editing I found I was getting into the weeds and fine-tuning every little opportunity I saw, which doesn't add as much value to me as doing a re-take to get it right that way instead of through editing.

If you don't have the need for spectral and all you do is edit wav files, TwistedWave is a no-brainer especially at its very fair price point.
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Paul wrote:
If you don't have the need for spectral and all you do is edit wav files, TwistedWave is a no-brainer especially at its very fair price point.

Unfortunately it's moved to a subscription model now, but at least they offer a perpetual license after you purchase the yearly subscription. Prepare for a lot more payments and a lot fewer feature updates over the years. Moo cow moo.

https://twistedwave.com/store/order_desktop
MBVOXX
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Wave is a good option if all you need is a VO recorder/editor.
It's about $10 bucks for the full featured version. $6 if all you want to do is record, edit, and export a siimple VO track. Plus it works on IOS as well as desktop.
Scott Pollak
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally have a version of Cool Edit Pro 2.0 AND Audition CS 5.5 boxed sets of DVDs, both bought new many, many, mannnnny, years ago.

I am currently using the subscription version of Audition, but about 10 years ago I found that CE Pro STILL loaded and ran fine on whatever Windows Version I was using back then.

It'd be interesting to try to install it on my new computer just for kicks.

www.voicebyscott.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: