VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now An A.I. Deejay To Go With Your A.I. Music Service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:40 pm    Post subject: Now An A.I. Deejay To Go With Your A.I. Music Service Reply with quote

For those who miss a lot of talking with your music on the radio, Spotify brings it back!

https://djmag.com/news/spotify-launches-ai-dj-function-voiceover

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Art
Contributor III

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject: AI morning shows Reply with quote

Just saw this on a Facebook VO forum. Currently being experimented with in Canada: AI scans Facebook and Twitter for trending topics, writes a dialogue, and then transforms it into an on air conversation with synthesized voices. We now have to suppose people are going to sit in traffic listening to a computer talk to itself.

https://bit.ly/3YCZqd0
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most of the DJs on radio in the last couple of decades, science will have to invent ABAI (Artificial Below Average Intelligence).
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to a break by the 'DJ' and for the most part she sounded like a human. Yet, a human that doesn't know how to deliver a story and most importantly how to deliver a 'kicker/punchline.'
It's impressive in only the fact that it sounds like they've got down the basic inflection of a human talking.
If they can program some actual personality into the algirhythm then it might be end-times for radio DJs (more so than it already is).
https://listen.streamon.fm/radiogpt

Here's a sample (different break) I grabbed today.
Art
Contributor III

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I heard samples, the "morning show" wasn't what I was expecting. It was hardly a Mark & Brian affair. It sounded like two people taking turns reading public service announcements, then introducing a song. "Puppies are up for adoption at the kennel. Bake sale next Tuesday." "Main Street is closed for a water pipe repair. Now, here's Niki Minaj." Seems like it would be okay for a very small town station on its last leg, never a large market, but then that's what I said when I first saw voice tracking in the late `90's.
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art wrote:
When I heard samples, the "morning show" wasn't what I was expecting. It was hardly a Mark & Brian affair. It sounded like two people taking turns reading public service announcements, then introducing a song. "Puppies are up for adoption at the kennel. Bake sale next Tuesday." "Main Street is closed for a water pipe repair. Now, here's Niki Minaj." Seems like it would be okay for a very small town station on its last leg, never a large market, but then that's what I said when I first saw voice tracking in the late `90's.

About 23 years ago as the P2P world of non-union vo began and thrived after the commercial strike, union talent said the same thing. "They can't act! Can't imagine a large market ad agency would ever go the non-union route. Seems like it would be OK for small jobs, but never mainstream vo." Please don't be as short sighted and ignorant as the union was. AI is going to take a huge percentage of the entertainment industry, and not just vo. Just like CGI cut into make-up, set dressers, etc., AI is going to be a huge part of vo. The good news for the union is we have protections. As our new contract negotiations begin, we are creating a next generation of profit sharing never seen before. It's going to bring in some good revenue that went away with reruns and DVDs. But it will only profit when new union content is created with AI from older union content. That will be plentiful. But the non-union vo world is going to see more obstacles. Just like the Fiverrs of the world, there will be too many out there happy to add to the AI created non-union content without proper compensation. This is inevitable. Just like the erosion of the union vo industry was inevitable.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When A.I. voice talents get together and create and join a union, then we’ll know the end is nigh.

Where is John Connor when you need him?

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AI is going to take a huge percentage of the entertainment industry

AI is going to take a huge percentage of (every) industry.

... fixed that.

As Bruce alluded to, when Skynet becomes self aware the only people needed will be the the 9 year old Congolese girls mining the cobalt for the next iPhone and AI's batteries.

The good news here is, I've got about 10 more years on my working clock before I retire to the bunker.

My brother in law who has been in & out of the middle east for the past 25 years said it best. "The ratchet only turns one way."

Pessimistic? You bet.

Art
Contributor III

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should go down in history like film of the Hindenburg. Here's a DJ in Portland who's allowed herself to be cloned. One day a week listeners of Live 95.5 will hear "AI Ashley," the rest of the time the real Ashley. As well as her first listen to her AI self, we hear the AI call a contest winner (I've got to think that video is scripted). https://twitter.com/live955/status/1668687147505954816?s=20
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art wrote:
One day a week listeners of Live 95.5 will hear "AI Ashley," the rest of the time the real Ashley.

Won't the real Ashley be surprised when some time in the not too distant future, the unemployed real Ashley will be listening to AI Ashley seven days a week.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: