VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer UCA202

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveChristi
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Behringer UCA202 Reply with quote

I know it's cheap, but has anyone tried the Behringer UCA202? (Link) I'm considering buying one as a backup to the M-Audio Mobile Pre for my on-the-road gear.

Anyone? Bueller?

(Edit) YES I know it's not the same kind of input. I have a small mixer that would come between IT and the Mic.
billelder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sound Blaster USB interface that looks very much like that one. Have used it often and it works great. If your Zzounds has a good return policy, what could it hurt to try? Smile
dscott
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I owned a mixer with phantom power I bought a dbx286A and still use it as my primary phantom/pre/processor for my mic going into the computer... works great on the road too...
Dave
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always stayed away from Behringer products due to the fact that they blatantly rip off other people's designs and have had some major issues with their power supplies in some of their better known products.

If you want to go the route of something like that, Echo makes the Indigo which is pretty kick-ass IMO, and M-Audio makes some stuff that is USB based that would also be to your liking (as the Echo is PCMCIA, which may not fit your needs).

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Joe Whistler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behringer seems to make some pretty good equipment. I have a couple of their mixers and am quite happy with them. Some don't like
Behringer on principle, but if it works, and the price is right, why not? They make decent equipment at affordable prices.

I assume they don't use slave labor in their manufacturing process...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: