VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! New Sound Card into Adobe Audition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Help! New Sound Card into Adobe Audition Reply with quote

Hi and thanks in advance for helping!

Last year my Pro Tools 002 Rack went on the fritz with a bad power supply. I was out of commission for almost two weeks. I then decided to purchase a back-up system. After a bit of research, I purchased an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 sound card/mixer. I never had the need to install it until today. My PT's firewire went out and a new box is being mailed. So, now I need to install the Aardvark and record in Adobe Aud 1.5.

The problem: I can't get AA to record the audio streaming in for the Aardvark.

Anyone familiar with AA that can help, I truly would appreciate it.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan - Under Options > Device Settings do you have the "Wave In" set to the correct sound card? There is also an "External Controller" tab.

Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dan - Under Options > Device Settings do you have the "Wave In" set to the correct sound card? There is also an "External Controller" tab.

Thanks, Todd.

I have the Wave In set to "1,2 Direct Pro 24/96" and still no luck. There are two other device option choices for the Direct Pro; a "3,4" and a "5,6". But, no luck with those, as well.

As for the External Controller it only has a choice listing of a Mackie Contoller or None.

Is there a way to check if any audio is actually making it into the computer? I have only heard myself through the Aardvark headphone jack.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing I can think of is under "Device Order" make sure your sound card is selected there. After that, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOYAH!!!

After fiddling with it a bit more, I clicked the "Use this Device in Edit Window" box and it worked!

Now for a quick review of the Aardvark. Nice sound in playback, but there is a small amount of line noise while recording, about 2 dB. Not enough to warrant a bad review. It is one of the recommended sound cards by and for Audio TX for ISDN use.

Now, I am going to get the spackle out and patch the hole in the wall from where my head has been banging the last 3 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: