VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

slight audio hum with JK Audio Autohybrid phone patch...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: slight audio hum with JK Audio Autohybrid phone patch... Reply with quote

...I have the gain all the way down on the mixer, but it is still recording the caller's end at a very low level, and I can hear the caller through my headphones, and they can hear me through my mic so all is well there. The audio from the monitors (speakers) is what sends sound into the phone lines.
The hum is more audible when I have the phone patch connected to the phone line. After I unplug it and play back what I have recorded using the phone patch, there is still a slight*(very slight) hum.
I guess I haven't figured out how to keep the caller's voice in my headset without also recording them. Using a Mackie Spike audio interface and Adobe Audition editing software, I'm wondering if there are any filters, etc. in my software that might reduce or eliminate the hum.
My first phone patch session is in a couple of days. Help! I have searched the archives before posting this.
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I think I have figured it out....after talking with a rep at JK Audio..they have always been very helpful, we determined that if I record in stereo (which I usually don't) and then delete the channel with the phone audio, then copy and paste the remaining channel into a mono audio file, problem solved!
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rellis wrote:
Okay I think I have figured it out....after talking with a rep at JK Audio..they have always been very helpful, we determined that if I record in stereo (which I usually don't) and then delete the channel with the phone audio, then copy and paste the remaining channel into a mono audio file, problem solved!

Great!
I just got one of those Hybrids (still in the box waiting till I get back from VOICE....) and I'll keep that trick in mind!

Liz
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know the feeling....mine sat in it's box for a month until I scheduled my first phone patch session!
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rellis wrote:
Yeah I know the feeling....mine sat in it's box for a month until I scheduled my first phone patch session!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that! Wink

Liz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: