VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Naturally Speaking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Dragon Naturally Speaking Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Has anyone used this product? I'm thinking about purchasing it. If you've used it, will it work with our type of mic setups or does it have to use the supplied headset to work?
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it probably 8 or 9 years ago so it has probably improved quite a bit. It was very difficult 'teaching' it to understand you. It took me a lot longer to 'write' something talking to it (because of all the editing I had to do after) than just typing the thing out by myself. I would think it could use our mic setups but maybe someone else knows for sure.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's gotten better over the past few years. When I first encountered it, I couldn't stand the application.

Now, I barely tolerate it Wink

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chrissy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the latest version of Dragon. I've found it easy to learn. I didn't have any problems with it understanding my speech. Like anything new one needs to spend time with the learning curve. The first couple of times I used it for writing and editing it took longer than using the keyboard but I'm getting quicker.

I was told by the woman from Easter Seals ( the organization who gifted me with it) that you should be able to use your mic, and headphones. Once my recording equipment arrives I'll try it out.

I'm curious as to why you are considering purchasing Dragon Speak?

Chrissy
Gp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm curious as to why you are considering purchasing Dragon Speak?

I'm hoping that once I get fast enough at it that I can write with it. With typing, I lose my train of thought before I can get the words out that were just running through my head.
Chrissy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work well for your purposes. You can just keep talking, and edit afterwards. I feel like I've made great progress after using it for a couple of weeks, on and off that is, depending on how pressured I was to produce the text.

If you decide to buy Dragon you can contaqct me with questions. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Chrissy
Gp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chrissy. I may take you up on that offer. Which version are you using? I just picked up 9.5 prefered.
Chrissy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP, I have the same version. I found the tutorials are a good way to start learning.

Chrissy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: