VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bounce to disc/ProTools LE question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David J
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: bounce to disc/ProTools LE question Reply with quote

I've done searches on the major vo forums and, while an answer may be out there, I have yet to turn one up...

My agent asked me to audition for some audiobooks. I tried to talk him into accepting .ptf files from me (thus saving me the "bounce to disc" pain) but no-go--he wants MP3s. Is there any way to bounce more quickly than in the real-time that I currently use? (IOW, if I have a track that's 3:30, it takes 3:30 to bounce to MP3 with ProTools). Thanks.

David J. Lawrence
Edo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bounce to disk is the only safe way to go. From easy editing point of view it seems like a lengthy process, but I can assure you that my larger sessions 60-80 tracks with numerous plug-ins active per track make the real-time bouncing AND ALL REALTIME PROCESSING a mighty fine piece of studio equipment which furthermore is totally reliable in my case (running HD 7.3 on a Dual 3Gb G5 with 12 Gigs of flawless RAM and a Mackie HUI control surface and a set of 96 i/o interfaces)

You could also try this routine:

In the Region List, select the region(s) you want to export as an audiofile. From the Region List pop-up menu, choose EXPORT REGIONS as FILES, an Export Selected dialog appears. In the Export Selected dialog, set file type, format, bit-depth and samplerate. Specify conversion quality and choose destination directory.

Just tried it, works fine... a tiny bit faster than bounce-2-disk too Wink

Shortcut on the Mac: SHIFT-OPTION-[K]
Good luck!
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a PC, and I use the shortcut.

After I edit the audio, I consolidate, then name the file, then hit CTRL-SHIFT-K... and in a few seconds, it's done!

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there is a way to make it compress to .mp3 faster, get Adobe Audition.

O.K., so in PT, you should "bounce to disk" to be safe. Another way is to save the file and then convert to .mp3 in another program.

Toodles

F2
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use "Save Region as File" from the right-hand drop menu in Pro Tools all the time and it's great.
If it's just a single voice track, I never bounce-to-disk. I name the region what I want the filename to be. With WAV and MP3, the suffix is added, with .AIF, I have to add it to the region name-- what the heck.
David J
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gang for your responses. Problem-o SOLVED. Whatever will I do now with all this free time that y'all have given me?!?

Off to Bob Bergen's weekend animation workshop in Ventura. That's all folks!

-David J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: