VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notepad *txt files and email

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Notepad *txt files and email Reply with quote

this is odd. i get work orders from a client, who puts the script in the body of the email. when i forward it to myself as an experiment, it becomes a *txt attachment. when i open the email, the script is in the body of the email again, only jacked (underlined and weirdly formatted).
as a rule, i take the script within the email, copy, and paste to a new notepad file. but then i've got to futz with the formatting so it is straight on the page and in the proper format for use with vox studio.
is there an easier way? whattup with the phantom *txt attachment? and {{{liz}}} how do you handle scripts for vox studio and/or in what format does your client send scripts to be used with vox studio?
thanks.
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Jeffrey Kafer
Assistant Zookeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your email program?
Diane Maggipinto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually i open my email from my isp (comcast) and rarely anymore from mozilla, sadly. that latter program i love, but it was hanging up and taking far too long to bring up my new email. haven't gotten to the bottom of that mystery, either.

www.d3voiceworks.com
Gp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have WORD you can paste it in there and have your choice of formatting. If you don't have word there is a shareware program just like word....it's an open source thing. Not too sure about it since I haven't used it but it was mentioned on this board not too long ago. I hear it is almost exactly like WORD.
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused (what else is new).

When you open the forwarded message with the .txt attachment, is it that the original message text is actually in the message itself (not the .txt) but it's strangely formatted? What's in the .txt file?

Some ISPs and e-mail programs will re-format text or encapsulate HTML-formatted text into an attachment. Also, because a lot of e-mail clients (programs / web interfaces) will re-format the original message somewhat, either by adding the ">" characher in front of every line, indenting or adding something else to make it "easier" to read, that additional formatting can often interfere with the original message.

And, since you're actually viewing the message through a web page, the web page's formatting itself can render some parts of a message wacky or missing altogether.

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Diane Maggipinto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louie--
when i receive the original, the script is in the body of the email.
when i forward to myself, it becomes a *txt attachment (that i can see as an attachment in outgoing mail).
when i receive the forwarded email, it's in the body of the script again, only jacked (horizontal lines and such).
and when i select and copy the original email script that is in the body of the email and paste to notepad,
it has "carriage returns" (whoa old school) so i have to make delete blank space and create complete lines
of text so it's formatted correctly and ready for vox studio.

fascinating, eh?

www.d3voiceworks.com
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Notepad *txt files and email Reply with quote

Diane Maggipinto wrote:
{{{liz}}} how do you handle scripts for vox studio and/or in what format does your client send scripts to be used with vox studio?thanks.

Di, (sorry I haven't gotten this to you earlier! Crazy day today!)

I ask client to send me either one of 2 formats:

A WORD TABLE with the names of the file in one column and the prompt wording in the next one
OR
an EXCEL SPREADSHEET with the names of the file in one column and the prompt wording in the next one

That way it's easy to grab the file names & format them for Vox Studio.

Liz
ronharpervoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane Maggipinto wrote:
usually i open my email from my isp (comcast) and rarely anymore from mozilla, sadly. that latter program i love, but it was hanging up and taking far too long to bring up my new email. haven't gotten to the bottom of that mystery, either.

Diane, I was a big Mozilla user too. Now I use Opera. It seems to be faster, has tabbed browsing, and you can put a string of bookmarks right across the top of the browser (yes, vo-bb is one of them)
www.ronharper.com/blog
www.videosonyourwebsite.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: