VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best to your wife's folks, Bernard. May they recover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Christmas gear... Reply with quote

I didn't get studio gear this year, BUT did get a very nice Samsung 47" Hi-Def widescreen tv to go with my existing surround sound system! To go along with that, my wife and daughter gave me dvd's and some assorted clothing items. I did well this year Smile

For my part, I gave my wife diamonds (and scored some major points!) and my daughter a few accessories for her iPod.
kitstern
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Cubicle Dividers Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone! My Christmas was a transitional one as we moved my old office downstairs to the studio and then set up the new Firewire 410 and ProTools 7. Then we moved my husband into my old office, It was hectic, but now I'm in one place and I can play with my recording stuff all the time. Now we're cleaning out the basement, which brings me to the cubicle dividers.....!

We need to create a private space down here for my son Jesse, and Frank's suggestion about cubicle dividers occured to us as a good solution. We've been looking at them online, and they're spendy. But here's the deal, we live near Oregon State University and they have a warehouse auction sale around the end of the term, so we went and checked it out. Got four cubicle room dividers, great shape, $450 new, for $40..........$10 each!. Incredible deals on used (at the university) computer equipment, furniture, arcane lab devices, desks, office chairs, bicycles (they had a ton, I guess left by the students at end of term). If you have a university or college in your area it would be worth the effort to call and see if they have something similar.

I think these dividers would be a great acoustic space. They're thick and you could cover them with foam or even hang quilts or comforters over them. Then fold them up and stack against the wall when not in use.

http://www.kitziestern.com/
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the recycling life - sounds like you got some good stuff.

I wonder if any VO-relevant stuff is floating around at freecycle (the regional Yahoo user groups where you post free stuff and get free stuff)...
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew,

my wife's folks are dead... You got me mixed up with Bailey, I think Smile Anyway, my wife gave me a very nice wooden stool for my studio - like a bar stool type thing but nicer. And Susan Berkley's book "Speaking to Influence". Pretty good so far. Also Jimmy Carter's new book "Our endangered Values". I am a polit junkie. Very good so far as well. And Alan Alda's new book. Other than that, a couple of CDs, underware - not that you care to know - and enough money from my parents to buy a new mixer. I am thinking of selling my Digidesign Digi 002. Anyone interested? It is about a year old.

Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction. My best to your in-laws, Bailey. I truly need to have my prescription changed. My apology.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: