VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quicktime and Firefox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Quicktime and Firefox Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has problems qith Quicktime files downloaded using Firefox? Whenever I try to download a file, it plays the first second or so and then the play/drag bar zips right to the end. It is really annoying.

Last edited by Dan-O on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's interesting. I don't have that problem, BUT on one machine when I play a Quicktime link within Firefox it will start, then the audio drops out for about a second and then it continues. Does it everytime on any file associated with Quicktime. Wonder if it's related.
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart, exactly same thing happens to me.
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart wrote:
that's interesting. I don't have that problem, BUT on one machine when I play a Quicktime link within Firefox it will start, then the audio drops out for about a second and then it continues. Does it everytime on any file associated with Quicktime. Wonder if it's related.

Don't know about Firefox...but the same thing happens to me with IE on Windoz....aggravating but unavoidable I guess.
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with my Firefox/Quicktime combo here. Plays streaming files smoothly (depending on net congestion). I can't vouch for IE as I don't use it.
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The play...pause...play thing is caused by the stream beginning to play before the entire file has finished loading. I almost wish you could program a little delay into it before it started playing.

I don't have any idea what might be causing the "jump to the end" problem noted in the opening post of this thread.
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to abandon Firefox, as much as I enjoyed it. The developers implemented some security measures that messed up functionality (simple cut and paste with right mouse click no longer work) whewn using Yahoo as my E-mail portal. Firefox says it's the Yahoo server and Yahoo says it's the Firefox browser.

I'm not sure what happened. Everything was working fine and then, wham, it stopped. Also, uploads from disc to Yahoo stopped functioning reliably for some reason. I checked the Firefox boards and other Yahoo users were haveing problems, too. That problem may have been resolved.

I have the same issue with Quicktime, though. I like Winamp to listening to MP3's.

I'm using Opera now and really dig it. Nice implementation of tabs and it runs fast.

cc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have the same issue with Quicktime, though. I like Winamp to listening to MP3's.

I use WMP or Real most of the time, but some websites only use Quicktime for audio and it becomes a pain in the rear to flip over to IE to hear it.

I even went to Mozilla to find an answer, and their test video/audio pages for QT wouldn't work.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the "For what it is worth" department.

I have both Firefox and IE - tried just Firefox and had some problems with QT from the start. Re-installed IE 'cause I needed some features found within, now QT works like a charm.

I do have QT Pro, don't know if that makes any difference...

Frank F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: