VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Point audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sameer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Power Point audio Reply with quote

Need help from someone whos pro at Power-point audio

We have received some presentation slides which have audio on it & we need to change the text/audio to different languages...

Need guidance how to create a final presentation file which has new audio ?
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sameer, I think you will have to delete the original sound file attached to each slide (or text element) and then attach the new sound file. You should be able to find the sound files attached to each slide under Custom Animation. To add new sound files, go to Insert and click on Movies and Sounds. This is in Powerpoint 2002, by the way. If the slide has a little sound icon, you can just highlight that and delete it to remove the sound from that slide.
Sameer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that....but when I go to Edit then Sound Object....it shows the link path of the audio file....which shouldnt come....as it wont play other than on my pc.. how do I edit the file...so the sound will be permanent on it & played at all pc ?
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly - it's been a long time since I've done this - you have to make sure all your sound files are copied together with the Powerpoint file in order to hear them on another computer. If you are playing the presentation from a CD, for example, you have to make sure all the sound files have been copied over to that CD.

Here's a quote from the Powerpoint help file:
By default, sounds are automatically linked to your file, rather than embedded in it, if they are greater than 100 KB in size. You can change this default to be more or less than 100 KB. When your presentation has linked files, you must copy the linked files as well as the presentation if you are going to be giving the presentation on another computer

To change the default audio file size, go to Tools - General - and make the change there.
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sameer, I am sorry I don't know the answer - I also find Powerpoint difficult to navigate.

Something for the future though, I did some work with Articulate! which is a great plug-in for Powerpoint and makes the whole thing an absolute breeze.

I haven't bought the full version yet (you can download an evaluation for one week free at articulate.com) as I'm hoping a regular client will provide it.

Maybe if you download the evaluation version you can do what you need to do on this file. It does add the Articulate! Logo though, even on the full version.

Good Luck!
Sameer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to figure this out soon......

also what format is "ADPCM, 4 bit mono, 11KHz" ? wav or ?
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it saves as a .wav file.

More than you wanted to know here:

http://www-mobile.ecs.soton.ac.uk/speech_codecs/standards/adpcm.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: