VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reverb/delay/EQ effects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokyofan
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: reverb/delay/EQ effects Reply with quote

Am using Pro Tools Audiosuite plug-ins and have Waves Native Power Pack and am trying to achieve certian vocal effects with reverb/delay/EQ.

e.g. airport/airplane PA system (suggested plug-ins & settings?)
(most of the Waves TrueVerb presets are for big concert halls, etc.)

And I recently heard a VO of a fairytale reading that had this great soft/spacious ambent sound....probably done with a subtle combination of reverb/delay. Would be happy to forward the clip on to anyone who thinks they could duplicate the sound.

Any information/resources out there I look at?
Sameer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://duc.digidesign.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: reverb/delay/EQ effects Reply with quote

tokyofan wrote:
Am using Pro Tools Audiosuite plug-ins and have Waves Native Power Pack and am trying to achieve certian vocal effects with reverb/delay/EQ.

e.g. airport/airplane PA system (suggested plug-ins & settings?)
(most of the Waves TrueVerb presets are for big concert halls, etc.)

I also use the Waves Native Power Pack and its true power comes from understanding its settings and playing with them - the presets (yes, they are mostly concert halls, etc.) are just quick fixes. Always remember, you can always chain two or more of the same plugins so that you can create some depth and "objects" in your environment - for example using several different settings of early/late reflections, etc.

Always approach your effects - especially reverbs/delays - as a creation of a three-dimensional space. It's alot more fun and the results are richer.

Welcome, by the way!

-Anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: