VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Gum Machine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Another Gum Machine Reply with quote

Wow! Don't we wish we could've saved ourselves a whole lot of time and money by plunking down a measly $46 for these people?

http://www.stylecareer.com/voiceover_actor.shtml

"As a voice actor, you don't need to educated at an Ivy League school, not even at a community college, which is the beauty of this career. You can also work from home by using portable equipments and can easily set up a home studio. All you need is some vocal coaching and, perhaps, attending some vocal acting workshops. Reliable equipments would help as well."

"Today, breaking into as a voice over actor is easier than before. With sufficient preparation on what you're going to encounter, you should be able to break into and succeed in this growing field with confidence."

"U.S. Department of Labor Statistics:

The median earnings for Announcers in the year 2002 were between $7.13 and $15.10 per hour. Those announcers with more experience and education earned as much as $24.92 in 2002 in some markets.

The Actors, Producers and Directors category had broader, less specific numbers. They implied that a voice over actor or producer who was working at union scale could earn in the range of $683 per day

Based on our forecast, in 2006, an entry-level voice over “announcer” can expect to earn anywhere from $15 to $20 per hour. In the second category, a voice actor who is a member of a union can expect to earn $600+ to $750+ per day."

"This eGuide literally saves you hundreds or even thousands of dollars spent on professional workshops and training and hundreds of hours of research. It will help you break into the career of your dream faster without having to repeat the same mistakes that most newcomers do.

We have also included numerous online and offline resources on the following:

Publications
Biographical Information
Self-taught Training Resources
Statistical Information
Employment Resources
Unions and Guilds
Software Resources
Legal Resources Online
Studio and Portable Equipment

You can have this exclusive eGuide right away by instant download for only $34.95, which you will earn many times over with your first paid job. This special low discount price is reserved for today, Wednesday, 12-May-2010 11:58:54 Hobo LaughingT only. (Regular price: $46.95)
"

Now all we need are the vibrant colors to make this a real comic book.

Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Gum Machine Reply with quote

Mike Harrison wrote:
"Today, breaking into as a voice over actor is easier than before. With sufficient preparation on what you're going to encounter, you should be able to break into and succeed in this growing field with confidence."

The field is not growing. The number of people trying to make a living at it is what's growing. And while we're on the subject, why is it that people who want to enter the field of voiceoverism always want to "break in?" That's what burglars do.

Quote:
The median earnings for Announcers in the year 2002 were between $7.13 and $15.10 per hour. Those announcers with more experience and education earned as much as $24.92.

I assume that includes radio announcers, most of whom, thanks to consolidation, have been downsized out of their jobs and are now trying to break in to voiceovering.

Quote:
a voice actor who is a member of a union can expect to earn $600+ to $750+ per day.

On a day when he's working.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Mike Harrison
M&M

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"With sufficient preparation on what you're going to encounter, you should be able to break into and succeed in this growing field with confidence."

With sufficient preparation on what I'm going to encounter, I could also be Chairman of General Motors... or a baggage handler.

Quote:
"The median earnings for Announcers in the year 2002 were between $7.13 and $15.10 per hour."

$7.13? Isn't that the current going rate on Farshtunken123?

Quote:
"a voice actor who is a member of a union can expect to earn $600+ to $750+ per day."

(Lee said) On a day when he's working.

Yes. It's those little, important details that the Pied Pipers conveniently fail to mention.

Mandy Nelson
MMD

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly no one read that copy out loud.

Manfillappsoc: The Mandy and Philip mutual appreciation Society. Who's in your network?

Have you seen my mic closet? ~ me to my future husband
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Gum Machine Reply with quote

Mike Harrison wrote:
"Today, breaking into as a voice over actor is easier than before."

Easier than before what?
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T.gif" alt="W00T" border="0" />
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
Mike Harrison
M&M

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of response would we get if we were to visit the website making this offer (linked in the original post) and pose our questions and comments to them?

There really can be only one answer as to why so many who haven't got the slightest knowledge of this industry are offering 'how-to' seminars, books, etc: they are vultures who - unfortunately - know there are those who will eagerly buy into their sugar-coated bovine excrement (on special this week).

ronharpervoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love WHOIS, don't you?
Registrant:
Jennie Siat
Jennie Siat
362 Goodwin Street
Mountain House, CA 95391
US
Phone: +1.6502550380
Email: jenniesbev@runbox.com

Administrative Contact:
Afton Institute, LLC
Jennie S. Bev
362 Goodwin Street
Mountain House, CA 95391
US
Phone: 650-2550380
Email: jsbev@prodigy.net
www.ronharper.com/blog
www.videosonyourwebsite.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: