VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krispy Dunkin' ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme?
Dunkin' Donuts Bostom Cream
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Krispy Kreme Chocolate Iced Custart Filled
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Krispy Dunkin' ??? Reply with quote

The other day after leaving the 34th Street super-mega-duper-huge Post Office I crossed the street to Penn Station and bought a Krispy Kreme Chocolate Iced Custard Filled doughnut... mmm.... mmmm. Just now I bought a Dunkin' Donuts Boston Creme donut (and I'm eating it on my Control 24 - I'm crazy like that)... mmm... mmm... mmm.

Which one do you prefer? And if none of these, then recommend some (I already know what Doc's gonna say... lol)

-Anthony
audiogenic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they not have Tim Horton's donuts in NY by now?

They are the kingpin in Canada and quite popular in many US markets close to the border.

Last edited by audiogenic on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta try Tim Hortons!!! They're promotional Caramel Chocolate Doughnut is awesome!!! But if you live South of the 49th... I guess you're SOL! Unless of course you live in a border State and want to SHOW YOUR PASSPORT Angry to cross the border and visit one of our landmark establishments!

Many of you here will slap me for this, but I've only tried Krispy Kreme twice, and I don't think that I've ever had a Dunkin Donut.

MMMMMM Tim Hortons! "And with Tim Hortons Roll up to Rim Contest, you could win one of 30 2006 Toyota Highlanders, or one of 10,000 Broil King Barbecues. Visit rolluptherimtowin.com or your Tim Hortons location for contest details. Available at participating locations, while supplies last"

Now I've gotta get my butt to Tim Hortons for a double double and doughnut!

Thanks Anthony, my fat A$$ is going to bigger, and it's all your fault! Ahhh, the power of suggestion. Rolls Eyes
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brianforrester wrote:
MMMMMM Tim Hortons! "And with Tim Hortons Roll up to Rim Contest, you could win one of 30 2006 Toyota Highlanders, or one of 10,000 Broil King Barbecues. Visit rolluptherimtowin.com or your Tim Hortons location for contest details. Available at participating locations, while supplies last"

ROFLMAO - you can take the guy out of the voice-over booth, but you can't take the voice-over out of the guy. Sticking out Tongue

-Anthony
billelder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh! Thanks for reminding me of my college days. We used to go to our local Krispy Kreme at the corner of Knife-Wound Drive and Pickpocket Circle and eat the soft, warm Krispy Kremes that had just come off the conveyor belt. Then, we'd lapse into a sugar coma.
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge doughnut freak.....I LOVE doughnuts.....I love Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts.....But I have to go with Dunkin Donuts as my favorite. Krispy Kremes are great don't get me wrong, I just can't eat as many of them as I would like because they are sooooooooo sweet. I'm one of those people that can eat and eat and eat as much and whatever I want and don't gain a pound. I'm 6'1" and about 190 pounds and never change. That glazing on the Krispy kremes is just too sweet to be able to eat my 6 or 7 doughnuts.....it makes me limit it to about 3 or 4.......just not enough when you got the craving! hahahahahaha

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
dhouston67
VO-BB Intarwebz Glossary Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. Dunkin' Donuts lemon-filled.

Krispy Kreme has always been too sweet for my taste, like I can feel the oncoming sugar coma before I even bite into it.

It sucks, too, because KK is now everywhere, and I think there's only one DD left in Austin. And is it near me? Of course not.

Man, I hope this is my biggest worry today. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhouston67 wrote:
It sucks, too, because KK is now everywhere, and I think there's only one DD left in Austin. And is it near me? Of course not.)

You should move to Boston. I think the exact opposite is the case up there.
VO-BB Member #59
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunkin' Donuts plain crueller ( with famous, delish DD coffee)...period. amen. Don't like KK, only like so-called cake donuts, and I do believe KK is sooo contrived and nothing like the real donut. No DD in Utah, tho hard to believe what with the 10-kids-per-household population control going on here.
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunken Donuts, hands down. I became acquainted with KK in the south and I am a die-hard DD fan forever now.

I swear-- they put cocaine in their coffee.
When I want coffee, I don't just want any ol' coffee---I want DUNKIN DONUTS COFFEE.
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, doesn't everyone put a little toot in their coffee? Am I alone here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre....You are absolutely correct. Dunkin Donuts has THE best coffee
I've ever had, and I'm an avid coffee drinker...just stick an IV in me filled with coffee. I don't know where they get it from or what they treat it with, but man....that is some good and strong coffee.....MMMMMmmmmmmmmm and of course having spent 20 years in the military, I drink my coffee black.
Raw energy baby..... Laugh

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God people! You're going to send me into a Diabetic coma just reading all this!

By the way, MY favorite doughnut comes from a local bakery here in Hillsdale. It's a peanut butter filled Longjohn. They're absolutely scrumptious!!

It'll be nice though, when Jen and I move to DC and there'll be both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts around every corner!

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Doc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - so Anthony "knows"...

You couldn't get me to eat a Dunkin' Donut - ANY flavor. They must be makin' 'em differently in other parts of the country. I simply don't care for 'em.

But, here's your kicker! I don't like Krispie Kreme donuts, either... with ONE exception! The Original Glazed when they're hot and fresh off the line.

See, I grew up where bakeries were the Sunday norm. And, we had some excellent bakeries back in Milwaukee. Whether they still exist, I do not know. Haven't been back there since1989.

I heard "crullers" mentioned in this thread. OMG - these were the best at these bakeries. But, you could also select from "real" bakery, i.e., Danish to die for, breads of all descriptions and something we used to call "hard roll"s. We'd wait in line for more than 45 minutes each Sunday morning just to buy a dozen. Then, we'd stop for baked ham and that was a Sunday tradition back home... back then.

Just to be clear, despite that pic I used to use as my avatar, I'm not a donut freak. Eat maybe a dozen or so a YEAR! But, I do enjoy KK Original Glazed occasionally.

Do I have to vote? All right....
COURVO
Even Taller Than He Seems On TV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crullers? We called 'em "tractor tires" where I come from!

Dave C.
Courvo's "Voice Acting in Vegas" Blog: http://www.CourVO.biz
on your phone at courvo.mobi
"I'm not a news anchor, but I play one on TV."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: