VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Over My Head... Production guru help please.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: In Over My Head... Production guru help please. Reply with quote

Hi gang,

What a frustrating day. The good news....

A producer called this morning to tell me he wanted me to do a couple of spots for him "cause I've heard your stuff and want to use you." Ah, I think, that's nice since we've never worked on a project before. So he emails the scirpt and that's the bad news...

As it turns out, this is for a extreme motocross race Memorial Day weekend and the buy is on the local alternative rock station here in Houston. I've never done a spot like this before as I'm an old school narrator, softsell, reassuring, smooth easy type voice talent. And although I always wanted (and thought) I would like to do one of these "monster truck" sunday-sunday-sunday!!! kind of spots...now that I have one in the hopper I'm afraid I'm blowing this big time.

Maybe not so much on the vo...(hopefully) but the editing/voice sfx/music/swoop/swirl/exposioin stuff has me wanting to leave town, get an assumed name and ask folks if they would like fries with that.

Maybe someone is comfortable with this kind of production and could take my dry read and make it shine. (after a couple of hours embrassing myself I'm convinced I can't) If you would be kind enough to rescue me I would appreciate hearing from you asap. Oh, and I'll be happy to pay you for your effort.

Dave
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a producer first....VO Boy second.....errrrr

Do you have the music bed already? Or are you to do this from scratch with your own royalty free stuff?

My demo is still on the site if you wanna check it out since I am new to this forum and wanted some feedback.....I have something similar "stylewise" on the front end that I produced (I produced my entire demo). Let me know what you need and what kind of change you wanna drop. Send me an email if needed.

Ben
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Give me a buzz Friday if you're still in a pickle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: