VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

interesting and inspiring link

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: interesting and inspiring link Reply with quote

I've been called a "young" james earl jones. Knowing that I don't deserve that title (and after intially struggling to pursue this form of acting we call vo), I had decided to study acting (scene study, improv, commercial technique, etc.), and have found myself hooked on the art form. i consider myself an actor with a focus on voice-over acting - weird, but recently i've been called in for on-camera commercial auditions - so maybe that's a result of my training... who knows. Anyway, this past month, I was frozen in fear with the idea of starting to become more of "an actor" and I decided to take a break from scene study for this summer (and spend more time with family).

Anwyay - today I came across this, while researching a role I have an audition for this PM. It's on James Earl Jones - and I found it quite interesting and inspiring. It also helps that it's visually appealing and well organized.

Enjoy:
http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/jon2int-1

-Anthony
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice link Anthony. Never knew much about James Earl Jones...other than his great voice. Certainly a good one to model yourself/career after.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: