VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TrustFax Service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiogenic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: TrustFax Service Reply with quote

There have been several threads about hosting and domain name providers before and I'd like to share with you a recent find for fax services.

www.trustfax.com offers a yearly plan for only $20 where you will receive your own SPAM FREE toll free fax number where can send or receive (combined) up to 70 faxes to and from anywhere in the US and Canada. There is no set up fee and you also receive 15 Megs of storage space plus a simple online interface. Even better is the fact that you can have the fax receipts come through to however many email addresses you want.

There is a free 30 day trial (US faxing only) for those interested.
Doc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio,

Are you using this service yourself? If so, please share your opinion. If not, do you know anyone who IS using this service?
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use PFax-- it's about $4 per month for unlimited faxes.
audiogenic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed on for the free trial and so far so good on both ends (sending and receiving).
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know any Australian ones Smile

There's no fax where I am moving to Frown and I don;t want to invest in a fax machine as well as all the other things....
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacegypsy wrote:
Anyone know any Australian ones Smile

There's no fax where I am moving to Frown and I don;t want to invest in a fax machine as well as all the other things....

Well,

I guess I'm just not that high tech...that or I'm too cheap. A couple of years ago I bought a Panasonic Fax machine for $59. A few weeks ago I was in Office Depot and saw the same machine for $19. Soooo, nowadays a fax machine is hardly an "investment." As for the second phone line expense...I don't have one of those either. I just tell anyone faxing me to call first and I'll turn it on...explaining that I rarely get a fax (99% of my stuff is handled by email). After I get the fax I turn the machine off till next time...usually weeks or sometimes months.

Happy relocation...be sure and visit us!
Gp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most fax machines are set up for a custom ring number now. A custom ring number will give you a phone number that uses the same line as your phone but will give a different ring pattern e.g. short short, short long short, long short long. Just set the fax machine up to match the ring tone pattern and it will automatically pick up the fax without you having to answer the phone, pushing any buttons or telling friends to call back in 2 minutes while you set it up.
That way you have a seperate phone number just for the fax, When it rings you know exactly what it is because of the ring pattern. Cost out here is about $4.00 a month or is included with some phone calling packages with no fee.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrina, I did quick Google of -Internet fax service Australia- and came up with a number of entries so you should be able to find something down there for a small monthly fee. Also, if you're wanting to send documents out, today's printers scan and convert documents to pdf files easily and cheaply. I almost never fax anything anymore and I move a lot of "paper" in and out of the studio.

Say "Hi" to Paul Hogan for me will you? I got to shoot a gun at him in a movie several years ago. Clearly I missed.

Bruce
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:

Say "Hi" to Paul Hogan for me will you? I got to shoot a gun at him in a movie several years ago. Clearly I missed.

Bruce

Thank goodness. Where would the Suburu Outback be today without him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: