VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know anything about voiceregistry.net?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Anyone know anything about voiceregistry.net? Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about voiceregistry.net?

I started geting email from them recently. They are for those of us yet to have agency representation. (The "otherside" of vociebank.net.) They want $99/yr and a $49 setup fee. Are they any better than IV and 123?

Greg
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through my records, they contacted me in 2004, and I never signed up.
Back then, their fees were $250 first year! (Including $49 set uHobo Happy
They were very helpful with giving me the info I needed re: testimonials from other clients, but I still never signed - so I don't know anything else
audiogenic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goal of the service is to help you find agent representation. Only when this happens (if it does), then you will be linked to the voicebank site where clients can find you and opportunities present themselves (not before).

Last edited by audiogenic on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just called them and here is how they explained their service to me. If you have your own website with your demos on it, then it is 99 dollars a year and a 1 time 48 dollar setup fee. This gets you in their search registry which allows you to come up when key words are searched for. You can't have your demos or listing in voicebank until you are represented by an agent/agency that posts you on it. They do not try to get you representation. YOU still have to email agents/agencies trying to get them to consider representing you. Basically, you are paying to be listed in their search registry. And they will give you some tips on what to say in your emails to the agents/agencies based on their experience and feedback they've gotten from agents etc......Nothing else changes as far as you having to find your own representation. Once you do find representation, you call them after your demo is on voicebank and they will upgrade you to the premium service which is 295/299? dollars a year and you just pay the difference between the 99 dollar fee and the 299 dollar fee. I really can't remember what the premium service is, but if you are already in voicebank, what else can they offer you? Anyway, that's the scoop.

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Thanks all Reply with quote

Sounds like for now since I don't have representation it would be a waste of limited resources.

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: