VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to charge?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisonvoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: What to charge? Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I've been offered a chance to do some voice work for a personals phone line kinda thing. Now the question I have is what do I charge for this sort of VO work?
Thanks,
Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaveHines

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to respond to a question with another question, but what exactly are they asking you to do? Do they want to use you for spots advertising the service? Or, do they want you to be the "voice" of the actual phone line?

I get the impression that the "personals phone line" thing is what's making you pose the question...sort of an ethical dilemma. Frankly, I'd say that if you have apprehensions with working for a client of that type, you shouldn't do it. Same thing goes for politicals and the like. Those apprehensions will usually cause you to not do your best work...and that is unacceptable. If you decide to do the work, charge them what you feel is fair...like you would with any other client. IMHO, if you try to inflate your rates because you're not comfortable with the subject matter, it won't look good...plus that's probably a sign that you should pass the job to someone else.

Now...if I missed your point entirely, please ignore that last paragraph. As far as the "on the phone" thing goes...I would charge what you normally charge for phone prompts. I use a "per recorded minute" or a "per page" fee depending on the size of the job.

Hope that helps a little.
skynet74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you have some kind of ethical dilemma and pass up the job, feel free to send it to me. I have no Ethics. Devil
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's got it. I usually just ask a fee per minute of recording.
bisonvoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very comfortable with the subject matter, lol. It is just a question of figuring out a fair rate.
Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: