VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's RenFaire season again!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like or attend Ren Faires?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: It's RenFaire season again! Reply with quote

Who likes Rennaissance Faires?! I do!! Here's a pic of Jen and I at a faire a few weeks ago. Hope this works.

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked!! Finally! It worked!!

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Rognog
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I performed at the New York Ren Faire for four years and it was an interesting experience! The fellow performers were great and the regular tourist-type customers were a pleasure to perform for. What was a real pain the butt were THE RENNIES! That's what we called the people who would show up in costume EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. They would dress up like their favorite Dungeons & Dragons characters and memorize our performances so they could shout out our lines before we could say them. They were harmless, but very annoying! Other than that, it was a lot of fun!

www.tomdheere.com/LazyJack.JPG

That's me 12 years ago doing children's theatre. BTW How do you post an image on this thing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was Magenta in the Rocky Horror Show a few years ago, like- jeez 15 years ago, I recall the vocal flack from one member of the audience getting so thick I pointed at him and shouted "SILENCE!!"
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love our Renaissance Fair. Try to go at least every other year. I have a number of dear old theater friends that do it locally every year, and a couple who are on the national circuit, Lolly and Terry Foy. She's often the Queen of the event or one of the two baudy story telling wenches. He's the man with all the "spoonerisms" as Zilch the Tory Steller. Both are delightful and very creative people.

Biggest highlights for me are the birds of prey show and Ded Bob. Sadly, the guy who does Ded Bob has franchised his character out so there are three guys doing the act. Hopefully you'll get to see the original if you go. "Hey audience!" "Hey what?!"

Squire Bruce
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many, many years ago I was part of a group of reenactors doing high middle ages battle recreations. One year we did a summer festival gig at the National Theatre in London. On the day, the organisers had manage to book a viking long ship that was in town. They wanted us to sail up the thames to the theatre and 'attack' the festival. We took one look at our chainmail and politely said "No thanks".

Maiku.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: