VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It has been almost six months. . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: It has been almost six months. . . Reply with quote

. . .since I decided that I'm going to do this and make one of my dreams come true. I have been talking things over with Jen and we have both been practicing and working on our voices. We have decided that when we get to VA, we're going into a studio on a weekend or an evening and getting professional demos done. Does anyone know of any talented demo producers in the Washington DC Metro Area? If so, please, please, please let us know. I know the old saying "You get what you pay for." Believe me, when we get out there, we're going to be paying for a lot of things (Classes, studios, agents if we can get them, etc). We've monkeyfarted around way too long on this and it's getting closer to the time where we really need to start seeing if this will really work or not.

Again, thanks to everyone on this site that has been supportive and encouraging. We really appreciate it.

Chris and Jen

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: It has been almost six months. . . Reply with quote

Christopher French wrote:
We have decided that when we get to VA, we're going into a studio on a weekend or an evening and getting professional demos done. Does anyone know of any talented demo producers in the Washington DC Metro Area? If so, please, please, please let us know. I know the old saying "You get what you pay for." Believe me, when we get out there, we're going to be paying for a lot of things (Classes, studios, agents if we can get them, etc).

At the present time, only a handful of people have read this thread. I realize that you have been practicing your voices, but I believe very firmly that you are putting the cart way before the horse. Classes are one of the items that you have stated that you will be paying "a lot" for.
Most people in the industry will tell you that classes or training should be your biggest prerequisite before putting out money for a demo. A demo factory WILL take you money... they may even produce a halfway acceptable demo... in your eyes. And if you use that demo, will you be able to guarantee the client that you have the facilities to duplicate the same quality of work for them?
I would really hate to see you dump good money into a demo... way before it is necessary. Wouldn't it be money well spent on some professional training when you guys get to Virginia?
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T.gif" alt="W00T" border="0" />
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: It has been almost six months. . . Reply with quote

Bailey wrote:
Wouldn't it be money well spent on some professional training when you guys get to Virginia?

Absolutely! I realize that my acting chops aren't completely back to where they were some 10-12 years ago when I was concentrating on stage acting. I've only been working seriously at this for six months. I definitely want to get some classes in when we get out there. That is a good, sound investment in my VO future. Jen and I both need it, I'll tell you.

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: