VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DIGITAL FILING CABINETS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWhiteVoices

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been bleeding edge for so long it's healed over.
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PeterWhiteVoices"]
vkuehn wrote:
Clutter Ash wrote:
Debbie Irwin wrote:

The Difference is..."The Bleeding Edge" of technology.

I had to bite my tongue to hold a straight face a few years back when my son was visiting and said to me: "Dad, you and I both use the some concept in buying computers. We buy the "Trailing Edge" of technology.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh....
or hit him!!!

I haven't been bleeding edge for so long it's healed over.

Took me a minute to work my way through the links of who-posted-what. I knew it read like somethink I have quoted so very often. Thanks for the reminder.

Hey: maybe you and I can be neighbors and you can help me navigate the marketplace in the land of cheese. Don't know how soon, but in my future there appears to be this place... oh, what is the name, I keep forgetting... named after a president or something... OH YES! Madison, Quaint little village a little ways west of you.

I'm sitting here today sorting through my studio: What is going to survive the move and travel with me, and what is going into the dumpster or the Goodwill Store.

My nearest thing to 'bleeding edge' lately is moving scripts over to an Android tablet. I may not survive that move. Can't take a BIC pen and write notes and corrections in the margin of the script on the tablet.

vkuehn.... currently in Georgia.... a.k.a. Vernon Kuehn
PeterWhiteVoices

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey: maybe you and I can be neighbors and you can help me navigate the marketplace in the land of cheese. Don't know how soon, but in my future there appears to be this place... oh, what is the name, I keep forgetting... named after a president or something... OH YES! Madison, Quaint little village a little ways west of you.

I know of Madison. Lots of old hippies, hippy wannabes and lots of college students. Sometimes they are one and the same. Are you moving there for work, school or retirement? I could see the first two, but the third one, not so much.

Not too many cows out there, but plenty of cheese. With cheese comes the bratwurst, then the beer. Lots of beer. Except for me, I gave up. Makes my parents sad. They always told me to never be a quitter.
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterWhiteVoices wrote:

I know of Madison. Lots of old hippies, hippy wannabes and lots of college students. Sometimes they are one and the same. Are you moving there for work, school or retirement?

All of the above! I think I will grow a beard and buy a bicycle. My neighbors will think I am a professor. Laugh

(Check you PM for a private reply with more detail.)

There is something going on in this country that a lot of people don't notice, don't think about. Communities with a research based university culture at their core have a lot going for them. Think Austin, TX... Silicon Valley in California, Research Triangle (Raleigh/Durham) NC and on and on it goes. The start-up high-tech businesses that embrace these communities may do more to the local culture that the student-and-hippies factor. And then... maybe not.

It's my chance to live among "The Leading Edge/The BLEEDING Edge" for a change.

Sorry for the thread-jack, folks. But I think the thread was bit dormant anyway so maybe: No Harm, No Foul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: