VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Pothole in the road to Android happiness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Another Pothole in the road to Android happiness Reply with quote

Our conversations have focused on OTG cables, and making sure the Android device-of-choice are properly chosen. I have my rig working with USBAudioRecorderPRO installed on a Samsung tablet. So far, so good. But long term I want the ability to maybe go on-site and do long-form recording... maybe a half-day seminar or a political Town Hall meeting. So I want to ability to feed in outside power lest the battery in the Samsung should lay down and die.

Aha! No all analog-to-digital converter devices are happy players in this game. I am using a Presonus VSL22 and the minute I try to introduce a cable with a power lead, or a powered hub, the well-oiled-machine keels over, dead on the side of the road.

So, I began experimenting with the VSL22 hooked up to the BIG heavy duty computer. Once again, the circuit goes dead. That gave me a couple of new search terms and I again went back to the Presonus FAQ and other resources. The Presonus device is not going to work with a hub in the circuit on the best day of your life! They also warn that USB sockets on the front of a desktop/tower computer are likely to be hooked up to an internal hub. No Go! Be sure to use a USB socket on the back side of your computer. And be sure your cable is quality and no longer than 6 feet. So says the gospel of Presonus!

So I am open to suggestions for the best candidate of a a/d-to-USB device that will handle two mics.

In fairness to the folks at Presonus... their primary market seems to be folks that want to sit down with their laptop, their AudioBox, a couple of mics and a guitar and record their favorite song, or the song they just composed. Their Support Department has been gracious in dealing with me, but it quickly becomes obvious that those of us in Voice-Over are NOT their target market.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: