VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice deal on a new toy...umm...tool for Mac users.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Nice deal on a new toy...umm...tool for Mac users. Reply with quote

For any Mac users on the forum who are looking for a simple way to use your favorite dynamic mic without having to go through a mixer, you might want to check this out.
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/DVForge/MICPLUG/

It looks nice a nice addition to a portable setup. However, if it works via USB and it works with any recording software, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with Windows.
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty cool. Do you think that instead of using it to connect a mic, it could be used to turn a non-usb mixer into a usb mixer. My Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro has an XLR main out, but needs to plug into an audio interface before reaching my computer. Since I would only be running a mic through the mixer, do you think it would be possible to run the XLR cord from the main out, add the adaptor to the other end and plug the mixer right into the computer USB port? Or will this only work for mics?

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
verbcrunch
Contributor III

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm skeptical.. it's only $16, only does 16 bit conversion. This can't sound very good compared to using any other inexpensive interface. It's a mic preamp and analog->digital convertor (balanced?) all crammed into the size of an XLR jack. Too good to be true.

I used a Gefen iMic on my Mac, and the recordings I made with it sounded pretty good! You could plug the output of a Mackie board into that. Not much more money, and does 24 bit Analog to Digital, though it's certainly not a balanced input.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: