VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Izotope Nectar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanG
Contributor III

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Izotope Nectar Reply with quote

Has anyone used Nectar Elements or Nectar 2 for voiceover? I was thinking of downloading them to see how they were but wanted to get your guys opinion on this software if anyone has tried it and how well does it work for voice overs. Sweetwater has a deal right now for Nectar Elements for $39 and the upgrade to Nectar 2 is $99.
So does this really work well with voice overs?
Quicksilver
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some very good things about it from Jeff Berlin and others who know what they are talking about. At that price I might give it a go as well. Let me know how it works out if you end up getting it.

DC
DanG
Contributor III

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am probably going to check it out next week sometime and try the trial version of both of them 1st before I take the plunge. Glad to hear that people like it.
Ed Fisher
DC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nectar is a powerful tool with a ton of presets.

One category is specifically for voice, the rest apply to different types of music.

It really is a "strip" with multiple things being applied at the same time with the ability to "tweak" those settings if you desire.

I don't use it on VO. Although I have used it many times in finished productions. Whether it will do what you want? You are wise to try before you buy.
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements is actually a really cool tool. I had some music sessions saved and was able to get some very decent vocal sounds with it really quickly.

For VO the EQ is pretty "musical" if you know what I mean, not too drastic. The De-Esser worked quite well on my voice, and the gate (if needed) is pretty transparent. The compressor seems a bit TOO primary. I'm sure it could be used, but the lack of threshold setting makes it pretty much useless for VO (IMO). I don't have the trained ear that many on here do though, so my words should be taken with a grain (or pinch) of salt.

As a note, the upgrade to Nectar 2 from Elements is actually $179 on SW. The upgrade from Nectar 1 is $99. But hey, for $40, Elements is a tool that I wouldn't mind having in the box for music. Maybe I'll mess with the preamp emulation and LF and HF enhancer and see what kind of result I can get.
DanG
Contributor III

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried the Nectar Elements plugin and also Nectar 2 and I think for $140 total it's a good deal they sound really great. Nectar 2 sounds really good and Elements is just ok. Elements is kind of limited for there VO presets but Nectar 2 has some really nice sounding presets and you can always tweak them to fit your voice but I was pretty impressed with Nectar 2. So if you bought Elements for $40 and then did the upgrade to Nectar 2 that will cost you another $99. So $140 for both versions when Nectar 2 alone is $179. I good deal and I think I might go ahead and spring for it. If you do the P2P sites this would make your work go faster for sure.
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to a special deal? On SW website, the upgrade from elements to 2 is $179 and the upgrade from 1 to 2 is $99.
DanG
Contributor III

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Jason
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NectarElem?utm_source=gearnet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gn20140326

and here is the upgrade

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Nectar2PSupN1/
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw both of those. Did it work to upgrade elements with the N1 to N2 upgrade?
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I see "Nectar," all I can think of is those two nut-bars with the metal detectors on the National Geographic Channel. (Diggers)
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: