VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studio One Free Input Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous you have to use a hack to use 2 different audio devices with Studio ONE. Makes working with a USB mic a huge PITA. I did manage to record some audio with it the first time yesterday. It's such an arcane setup process compared with Reaper or Audition, though.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 30 minutes tonight trying to figure out how to export a mono file out of Studio One tonight. WHY IS IT SO HARD? Am I missing something?
I had to create a new Mono Output in the Song Setup window, then assign the track to this new Mono mix bus, then during mixdown make sure I choose the Mono mix bus. Holy cow.
Please tell me there's an easier way...
And I don't get to save as an MP3?

Talk to me Jason.

At least it does have some kickass processing tools included, I wasn't wanting for anything once I learned the ins n outs of the effects and made some chains to get me started faster.

Heading back to my warm n safe TwistedWave land again.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the stupidest process in the world. I have NO idea why they made it this dumb. MP3 requires their $10 add-on...again, another really dumb thing about S1. This is why I only use it for punch and roll recording.

To export a track and keep it mono:

- Drop a marker at the end of the audio. It needs to be #2.
- Go to File, Export Stems...
- Set the range from "Start to #2" (you can also just move the End marker and set that from Start to End)
- Check the "Preserve Mono Tracks" checkbox.

Hit OK. As long as you already set the name and location, you should have the mono file. But it will add crap to the file name, so you have to remove that. I have just gotten used to its weirdness. Again, I only use it for punch and roll because it was free and works really well for that. You CAN export at FLAC so at least you don't have to convert for some audiobook producers Smile
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it is actually in the Song menu, not the File menu. And an easier way to do the export is to just select all (CMD-A) to select all the takes, and then hit Option+Y (Set Start and End to Selection). Then you can export the whole thing without having to deal with marker numbers...or if you put markers in the audio, you won't have to deal with getting rid of them.
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least with my method, you set it up one time, then you can save them the same way with minimal effort. Seems simpler than your marker method. There's always more than one way to do everything in a non-destructive multitrack environment. Anyway, for $1 I'm not complaining. Still need to mess with PnR and see if it offers anything Reaper does not. It certainly has better effects than Reaper, I can say that much.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: